Beirut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, they're one of those bands where I've honestly liked everything they've done. Both albums, both EPs, random tracks, video clips on Youtube. Everything.

Apparently it's a good day for b-sides. I bought the East Harlem single (the cover I posted before is the single cover, apparently), and the b-side is beautiful.

http://pitchfork.com/news/42750-new-beirut-album-unveiled/

Less than a week after Zach Condon's Beirut project announced a new single, the new Beirut album has been announced. The Rip Tide is due out August 30 on Condon's Pompeii Records (Revolver will handle distribution in the USA). Above, listen to recent single A-side and album track "East Harlem", and listen to the B-side and other album track "Goshen" over at Listen Before You Buy. We have the tracklist for you below, as well as Beirut's updated tour dates.
The Rip Tide:

01 A Candle's Fire
02 Santa Fe
03 East Harlem
04 Goshen
05 Payne's Bay
06 The Rip Tide
07 Vagabond
08 The Peacock
09 Port of Call

WOO!

Well I apparently already like 2 songs from the album a great deal, so that's a good sign.

Haha. I actually don't mind it, but I love the song. Definitely a bit strange though.

By the way, it's good to see you back in the thread, DrTeeth! What do you think of the new songs?

How odd.

But probably not as odd as the fact the reggae is one of my least favorite genre's of music. :reject:

i finally decided to give them a listen. skipping past most of the tracks on that pitchfork link to "east harlem" (because that's where the m83 song was, and i figured i'd check through some of the other stuff on there. still refusing to read too many of pitchfork's blurbs, as their write-ups usually--regardless of the opinion being expressed--make me want to avoid the bands they talk about for years and years). well, that was enjoyable. i guess i'll get on the bandwagon, some 3+ years behind the times.

Mofo, I listened to the first couple of YouTube vids you posted in the OP. As with anything new that I don't understand, I'm not sure if I like it. Definitely giving it another shot, though.

Really enjoying the album so far. Happy to see some of the Realpeople type material worked in.

Ticket for the homecoming show secured. Not that they have any great love for their hometown or anything. Still, we'll all pretend. And I get to overhear many conversations about how "I taught Zach in 5th grade" and stuff.

When's the show? Have you heard the new album yet, or waiting for the physical release?

October 7. You should come. Same place Arcade Fire played, which isn't as cool as the outdoor thing they did a couple of years ago, but still, will be great fun.

I haven't heard the new record yet.

Seriously, you should come.

Well, think about it. I'm going to go pick up my ticket this afternoon and will probably grab an extra while I'm there. October here is the best month. Come be a tourist and see Beirut.

As for the dance competition...

Kiss it. Kiss it. KISS IT.

And Cujo needs to come back.

u2popmofo said:
I look forward to you hearing it, I'm really enjoying it so far. Cujo, who you may remember, is liking it a lot too.

Show would be pretty sweet. I saw them last year at one of the free summer shows here, and the outdoor sound wasn't the best. Still a good show, but I'd love to see them inside somewhere.

I don't know what to say about this:

Pitchfork: Watch: Two People Dance to Beirut on TV Dance Competition "So You Think You Can Dance"

Cujo! I miss that dude, even if he is canadwhorian.

As a reminder, the physical version of The Riptide is coming out Tuesday. It's awesome.

My preordered copy arrived in the mail yesterday. :up: X a billion kajillion zazillion

I picked up a used copy of The Flying Club Cup, because I remember hearing it in the past and liking it. So now I have it. Huzzah!

Should I start with The Riptide? Or is there something else I should hear first?

Tough to say. It's probably the most accessible, but maybe not the best representative of what they sound like. Then again, all 3 albums (and the most recent EPs) all have fairly different sounds, so I guess there's not really any one thing that's representative of what they sound like.

I picked up a used copy of The Flying Club Cup, because I remember hearing it in the past and liking it. So now I have it. Huzzah!

Please tell me your favorite songs.

My copy hasn't arrived yet but I did hear a new song on the radio yesterday. The radio in the car was barely audible but I knew it was them before Zach opened his mouth so I cranked it up. It was excellent. Have no idea what it was, though.

My copy hasn't arrived yet but I did hear a new song on the radio yesterday. The radio in the car was barely audible but I knew it was them before Zach opened his mouth so I cranked it up. It was excellent. Have no idea what it was, though.

:up:

East Harlem or Santa Fe, maybe? They're the two singles so far.

Has your copy arrived yet, Joyful? If not, please tell me which delivery service I need to focus my rage upon. I want you to hurry up and hear it. Hopefully my hype does not tarnish your impressions, but it's really become one of my favorite albums this year. Find myself wanting to listen to it extremely frequently. I can see why some might find it "more of the same", but I really think it's the best start to finish album "they've" done.

Regardless of whatever I might have said before, I didn't actually order it until last Tuesday. I'm expecting it will show up in tomorrow's mail at the office.

Someone else e-mailed me today demanding to know if I'd gotten it yet as he absolutely loves it.

But I did figure out which song I heard on the radio: A Candle's Fire.

Back
Top Bottom