Behold the glory that is the 2010 Grammy Award nominations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
Beyonce - "I Am ... Sasha Fierce"
Black Eyed Peas' "The E.N.D."
Lady Gaga - "The Fame"
Taylor Swift - "Fearless"
Dave Matthews Band - "Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King"

SONG OF THE YEAR
Beyonce - "Single Ladies"
Lady Gaga - "Poker Face"
Maxwell - "Pretty Wings"
Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody"
Taylor Swift - "You Belong With Me"

RECORD OF THE YEAR
Beyonce - "Halo"
Black Eyes Peas - "I Gotta Feeling"
Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody"
Lady Gaga - "Poker Face"
Taylor Swift - "You Belong With Me"

BEST ALTERNATIVE MUSIC ALBUM
David Byrne and Brian Eno "Everything That Happens Will Happen Today"
Death Cab For Cutie "The Open Door"
Depeche Mode "Sounds of the Universe"
Phoenix "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix"
Yeah Yeah Yeahs "It's Blitz!"

BEST COUNTRY PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP WITH VOCALS
Brooks & Dunn - "Cowgirls Don't Cry"
Zac Brown Band - "Chicken Fried"
Lady Antebellum - "I Run To You"
Rascal Flatts "Here Comes Goodbye"
Sugarland - "It Happens"

BEST RAP SOLO PERFORMANCE
Drake - "Best I Ever Had"
Eminem - "Beautiful"
Jay-Z - "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)"
Kid Cudi - "Day 'N' Nite"
Mos Def - "Casa Bey"

BEST ROCK ALBUM
AC/DC - "Black Ice"
Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood - "Life from Madison Square Garden"
Green Day - "21st Century Breakdown"
Dave Matthews Band - "Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King"
U2 - "No Line on the Horizon"

BEST POP PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP WITH VOCALS
Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling"
Bon Jovi - "We Weren't Born to Follow"
The Fray - "Never Say Never"
Daryl Hall and John Oates' "Sara Smile"
MGMT - "Kids"

BEST NEW ARTIST
Zac Brown Band
Keri Hilson
MGMT
Silversun Pickups
The Ting Tings

BEST FEMALE POP VOCAL PERFORMANCE
Adele "Hometown Glory"
Beyoncé "Halo"
Katy Perry "Hot N Cold"
Pink "Sober"
Taylor Swift "You Belong With Me"

BEST ROCK PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP WITH VOCALS
Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood "Can't Find My Way Home"
Coldplay "Life In Technicolor II"
Green Day "21 Guns"
Kings of Leon "Use Somebody"
U2 "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight"

BEST ROCK SONG
Pearl Jam "The Fixer"
U2 "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight"
Green Day "21 guns"
Kings of Leon "Use Somebody"
Bruce Springsteen "Working On A Dream"

BEST RAP ALBUM
Common "Universal Mind Control"
Eminem "Relapse"
Flo Rida "R.O.O.T.S."
Mos Def "The Ecstatic"
Q Tip "The Renaissance"

You neglected to include the only category I ever remotely find myself interested in:

Best Alternative Music Album
(Vocal or Instrumental.)

* Everything That Happens Will Happen Today
David Byrne & Brian Eno
[Yep Roc Records]

* The Open Door
Death Cab For Cutie
[Atlantic]

* Sounds Of The Universe
Depeche Mode
[Capitol]

* Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Phoenix
[Loyaute/Glassnote Records]

* It's Blitz!
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
[DGC Records/Interscope]

The Open Door is an EP. Good job, Grammy folk.

Please excuse me for saying so, Gaffer, but I will vomit when they hand Taylor her award for album of the year.

Because you know she's winning that.

Oh, and U2's got that Rock Album category in the bag. Pretty weak competition.

Best Rock Song is also full of wtf-ery. Snooze-fest this year. But hey, go Lady GaGa!

Oh, and Shuttlecock's got that Rock Album category in the bag. Pretty weak competition.

Really? Because one of the other nominees is nominated for album of the year.

It's really sad that this comes down to record sales. No Net should at least be in the running for the top prize, even if they had no chance winning it again so soon.

And it's sad that Cock Crazy is the song singled out. Unbelievable.

At least Phoenix got a nom, and with that competition could actually win. I could really only see the Yeah Yeah Yeah's being a possibility, and Phoenix has to be the most instantly pleasurable listen out of those.

I know DMB is nominated in both categories - you think that's a sign it'll win Rock because it wont win album of the year? Could be.

I'm going on my gut "Grammys love U2" feeling, although if they loved them that much, they would have more nominations, I guess. I think if they're going to throw U2 their obligatory bone this year, I think it'll be Rock Album.

Please excuse me for saying so, Gaffer, but I will vomit when they hand Taylor her award for album of the year.

Considering who else is up for it, I'll be cheering her on. You want to see cock.i.am and MC Pee Pants up there instead? Or Dave Matthews?

Hopefully Gaga and Beyonce cancel each other out.

I know DMB is nominated in both categories - you think that's a sign it'll win Rock because it wont win album of the year? Could be.

I'm going on my gut "Grammys love U2" feeling, although if they loved them that much, they would have more nominations, I guess. I think if they're going to throw U2 their obligatory bone this year, I think it'll be Rock Album.

That's exactly what I think, and I'm pretty sure history shows it to be the tendency.

The only bone they're throwing Shuttlecock is the big middle finger they just gave them with these nominees.

And ironically, Beano gets a nom.

I really, really don 't want to see BEP win - that's the most offensive of the nominees in that category. I don't even think The Fame is that strong an album - I'm really surprised by that nomination.

I just think Ms. Swift, while talented and shiny and cute and whatever, is massively overrated, and you know they're going to give her a bajillion awards.

I actually did put the Alternative album nominees in there but, yeah, I don't know how they come up with some of this shit. The Death Cab thing is pretty strange and I know there's always a lot of discussion about how they determine the "Best New Artist" category. Well, fuckin Silversun Pickups debut album came out over 3 years ago and got some significant play on college radio stations. I don't know how they decided to call them a "New Artist" but, whatever.

Yeah, totally to the Death Cab thing and the Silversun Pickups thing.

Le sigh. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the fuckery of the Grammys after all this time. I'll still watch because I'm crazy like that.

This poses an interesting question, though. If Shuttlecock is asked to perform, do they do Cock Crazy? And do they unleash the remix version on that crowd, just to say Fuck You?

We can only hope.

That Pearl Jam song is probably the only song in the category I'd call "rock." Or, rather, that actually rocks, since that Green Day song is snoozarific.

What's with Hall and Oates getting a nomination for pop song? What is that all about? Sara Smiles? I do believe that was a hit when I was still only two feet tall.

I'm really hoping Pearl Jam wins for The Fixer over Cock Crazy.

Me too.

This poses an interesting question, though. If Shuttlecock is asked to perform, do they do Cock Crazy?

I think it's inevitable that they will perform and I honestly don't see them doing anything other than Cock Crazy Tonight. As for what version of the song they'll play, I'd say it'll most likely be the standard version and not the remix. It would definitely be cool if they did the remix, though. Bono would get to tell the whole world to "shake their big fat asses" or whatever the hell he was in the habit of screaming during that song on tour.

I would agree with you, but hey, they did a really surprising set at SNL, so I'll give Shuttlecock credit and say maybe they won't play the standard Crazy Tonight.

They should play the remix to make the Grammy Mucky Mucks look at each other and say "Oh shit, this should have been nominated in the dance category!"

... or, rather, knowing their propensity for being ridiculous, the polka category. Or spoken-word performance.

if Silversun Pickups are considered a "new artist", i wonder if Grizzly Bear has a shot next year. :lol:

if Silversun Pickups are considered a "new artist", i wonder if Grizzly Bear has a shot next year. :lol:

"Remember that band that did that Rock Band song? Radio something? They have a whole album now! If it's as good as that Creep song, we should definitely throw them into the new artist category!"

I'm surprised Animal Collective wasn't up for a nomination, but that would take a little more initiative than tracking down indie picks via car commercials*.

*I am thrilled for Phoenix, however.

Black Eyed Peas and DMB are picks worth of deaf people. And I say this is a reformed former listener of DMB. Fuck. That. Shit.

They have two songs I enjoy: Grey Street and a live version of "Warehouse." That's it. Other than that, they're a jam band who mistakenly thought albums were a good idea.

Play live to the hippies and live album people alone, Dave. Please.

They have two songs I enjoy: Grey Street and a live version of "Warehouse." That's it. Other than that, they're a jam band who mistakenly thought albums were a good idea.

Play live to the hippies and live album people alone, Dave. Please.

At least Phish knows how to do it.

"Larry's not white, he's clear."

Back
Top Bottom