Behold the glory that is the 2010 Grammy Award nominations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite part of Space Jam is Bill Murray retiring "untied and undefeated" due to knee problems after joining the game for no more than ten seconds.

Space Jam has no business being as awesome as it is. Ten times funnier if you imagine Danny DeVito's character as Frank the whole time.

I think Kobe needs to star in a live-action/animation hybrid.

I mean, even if it winds up not being better than Space Jam, he'll easily eclipse Kazam.

Space Jam has no business being as awesome as it is. Ten times funnier if you imagine Danny DeVito's character as Frank the whole time.

I honestly had no idea DeVito was involve until your mention of it. Fantastic.

And Bill Murray's "I don't play defense" line is probably one of my favorite lines in any random film.

I honestly had no idea DeVito was involve until your mention of it. Fantastic.

Yeah, he's the villain.

Speaking of DeVito, it's baffling to me why no one puts his performance as The Penguin in Returns on a similar level to Heath Ledger's as The Joker. It's just as transformative, if not more so, and his character has a real tragic and dramatic arc that's more demanding, and he nails it. Returns is a great film, but a terrible Batman movie, whereas TDK is both, and Ledger's premature death coupled with that performance sealed it as near-legendary, which it should be, but it's a shame DeVito's Penguin and to a somewhat lesser extent, Eckhart's Two-Face, get pushed to the side.

/Batman derail

Yeah, he's the villain.

Speaking of DeVito, it's baffling to me why no one puts his performance as The Penguin in Returns on a similar level to Heath Ledger's as The Joker. It's just as transformative, if not more so, and his character has a real tragic and dramatic arc that's more demanding, and he nails it. Returns is a great film, but a terrible Batman movie, whereas TDK is both, and Ledger's premature death coupled with that performance sealed it as near-legendary, which it should be, but it's a shame DeVito's Penguin and to a somewhat lesser extent, Eckhart's Two-Face, get pushed to the side.

/Batman derail

Well, having a great film behind the character helps. Having the death story of Ledger helps too. And the Peguin seemed a little more forced than the Joker, especially considering Ledger's Joker was the more "realistic" one compared to Nicholson's "fell into a chemical vat" Joker. A lot of circumstance went into it that shouldn't influence how we judge the performances, but I wouldn't say it's baffling.

Is it Grammys or Teen Choice Awards? :scratch:

On the other hand you have this:
BEST SOLO ROCK VOCAL PERFORMANCE
(For a solo vocal performance. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
Bob Dylan
Track from: Together Through Life
[Columbia]

* Change In The Weather
John Fogerty
Track from: The Blue Ridge Rangers Rides Again
[Verve Forecast]

* Dreamer
Prince
Track from: LotusFlow3r
[NPG Records]

* Working On A Dream
Bruce Springsteen
Track from: Working On A Dream
[Columbia]

* Fork In The Road
Neil Young
Track from: Fork In The Road
[Reprise]

Prince is the youngest one on this list. At 51 years old.

Well, having a great film behind the character helps. Having the death story of Ledger helps too. And the Peguin seemed a little more forced than the Joker, especially considering Ledger's Joker was the more "realistic" one compared to Nicholson's "fell into a chemical vat" Joker. A lot of circumstance went into it that shouldn't influence how we judge the performances, but I wouldn't say it's baffling.

Let's continue this in the Zoo thread.

Maybe you should take it here:

bm2002-0968-08292340-thunderdome.jpg

2009 was a great year for music...

not that you'd get that impression from the Grammy's.

I'm kinda glad U2 aren't up for album of the year though... whatever you think of NLOTH surely it doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the shit they picked as the best albums.

Bono would probably come out and give a big speech about how honored he was to be recognized alongside the Black Eyed Peas' genius if NLOTH had been nominated for best album.

Barf.

Bono would probably come out and give a big speech about how honored he was to be recognized alongside the Black Eyed Peas' genius if NLOTH had been nominated for best album.

Barf.
oh surely, especially since they opened for them for part of the tour and everything. i'll never understand why bono feels the need to kiss every musician's ass, but yeah.

Working with will.i.am on the album, having them on tour, inviting them to play with them at the R&R Hall of Fame thingie ... I guess they really dig them. :huh:

Honestly, I have no problem with them liking will.i.am and thinking he does good stuff, production wise or anything. I'm just a little baffled with U2 treating them like they're the second coming. Fun songs, great energy, yes. Great band with great music? Ehhhhhhh ....

Back
Top Bottom