Beck - Two new albums in the works.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly don't have a problem with what they said - in essence this is a re-tread of Sea Change. I would have given it a higher score simply because it is a good album but I agree with them saying this is a safe album from someone who usually likes to push the envelope.

It's gonna have an 80 average on metacritic once that one review is factored in, so who cares about their score.

Last edited:
Snagged this and STV last night. Gorgeous sounding pressing for this album. I'm really pleased with it as a whole. Not quite Sea Change level (what is?), but it's a solid companion piece. "Heart is a Drum" is the best Nick Drake song I've heard in a while.

Would you all judge me harshly were I to say that Sea Change is the only Beck album I own? Theoretically speaking, of course.

Would you all judge me harshly were I to say that Sea Change is the only Beck album I own? Theoretically speaking, of course.

Alien_with_musket.jpg

I've heard Odelay, just don't own it. Probably been since the '90s since i heard it as well. I'm old.

Modern Guilt wasn't super acclaimed, but I love it. It has a very distinct sound, and the production is impeccable.

Slant did a list of Beck's greatest songs and it was pretty much all derived from Mellow Gold, Odelay, Sea Change and Midnite Vultures. I'd say those first three are his unquestionable high points and Midnite Vultures could have been one of his best, but is weighed down by some mediocre material.

Never really could get into Mutations at all though.

As for this new record, it's pretty shitty...

As in, shitty if you require every album in your collection to be a perfect 10. I give it a 9 and I think a lot of the material is on par with Sea Change. Boom.

I have Sea Change and Modern Guilt.

Looking forward to hearing this; I just ordered it (along with St Vincent and Neil Finn).

I blind ordered St. Vincent (haven't unwrapped it yet) along with the Angel Olsen LP (and have preorders for Cloud Nothings and War on Drugs)...sometimes you can get a pretty good feeling that an album will be strong just from listening to a track or based on an artist's recent reputation.

Back
Top Bottom