Beady Eye (Liam Gallagher) - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2011, 06:28 AM   #91
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:15 AM
This album is balls. Sticky, fungusy, hairy balls.

Liam proves that Noel had all the songwriting talent. Even noel's talent left him in the end. All of the members of Oasis are now setting about destroying their legacy.

These songs are shite. I expect on an album from a band like this at least one stand out 'classic' type song. But there is NOTHING of the quality of even Lyla.

They took the Oasis sound, made it even more generic, added even worse lyrics (and the concepts MY GOD! Beatles and Stones, grow the fuck up Liam). Dig Out Your Soul should have been called Dig Out Your Grave, because I'd rather them have jumped in it after that dog turd of a record and save us all from hearing this trash.

F.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:45 AM
Dig Out Your Soul was actually quite good. I mean, it had Falling Down and Soldier On, songs which on their own give the album a pass.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #93
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:15 AM
Didn't mind either of them, but the album as a whole was their worst by a fair margin, and marked a pretty rapid decline
Old 03-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Personally, it wasn't anywhere near as average as Heathen Chemistry.

And while we're at it I'll add that SOTSOG is a very underrated album.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
And while we're at it I'll add that SOTSOG is a very underrated album.
Yes, but I would still place Giants as the nadir of Oasis. I've always been a huge fan of Heathen Chemistry, which strikes a great balance between shameless rockers and quirky ballads. If Liam had made an effort to write songs with atmosphere and charm such as Born on a Different Cloud and Songbird for Beady Eye's debut rather than the cheap pastiche that comprises almost all of it, he might have had a decent album on his hands.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:15 AM
Dig Out Your Soul was quality, a fine way to cap a career off.. Some of the songs have grown with time, Ain't Got Nothin and The Turning, the album sounds mature and assured, it's pretty good. Did't have the significant filler element of Giants and HC in my opinion.. But still not as good as Don't Believe The Truth, which was a concise showcase of some wonderful tunes.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Yes, but I would still place Giants as the nadir of Oasis. I've always been a huge fan of Heathen Chemistry, which strikes a great balance between shameless rockers and quirky ballads. If Liam had made an effort to write songs with atmosphere and charm such as Born on a Different Cloud and Songbird for Beady Eye's debut rather than the cheap pastiche that comprises almost all of it, he might have had a decent album on his hands.
I know I've said it before, but SOTSOG and HC were only a couple of songs away from being excellent albums. SOTSOG in particular is outstanding in this form:

Fuckin' In The Bushes
Go Let It Out
Who Feels Love?
Let's All Make Believe
Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is
Gas Panic!
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Sunday Morning Call
Full On
Roll It Over

You drop the two major stinkers, Little James and I Can See A Liar, for two all-time classic B-sides, and when constructed this way, Put Yer Money and Gas Panic! don't sound so overbearing in between Let's All Make Believe and Where Did It All Go Wrong? It just flows so much better.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:15 AM
And Dig Out Your Soul certainly wasn't a bad album to end with...
Old 03-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
You drop the two major stinkers, Little James and I Can See A Liar, for two all-time classic B-sides, and when constructed this way, Put Yer Money and Gas Panic! don't sound so overbearing in between Let's All Make Believe and Where Did It All Go Wrong? It just flows so much better.
I would like to quote Ned Flanders in relation to the omission of "Let's All Make Believe" from Giants: as far as melon-scratchers go, that's a honeydoodle.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:15 AM
Cigarettes In Hell wouldn't have sounded too out of place on the album either. The song sounds pretty unique compared to everything else that Oasis had released prior to Giants
Old 03-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #101
The Male

Local Time: 07:15 AM
Dig Out Your Soul was extremely pleasant. Very cohesive and lacking the embarrassing crap that littered their early 2000s work. That one showed they could still craft a good album, whereas Don't Believe The Truth was extremely inspired but lacked cohesion. Taken together, it was clear that Oasis were actually improving.

Still haven't heard Beady Eye's album, but it's frustrating that the breakup halted their progression.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:15 AM
Speaking of omissions from SOTSOG, I think Full On might be my favorite Oasis b-side.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
This album is balls. Sticky, fungusy, hairy balls.

Liam proves that Noel had all the songwriting talent. Even noel's talent left him in the end. All of the members of Oasis are now setting about destroying their legacy.

These songs are shite. I expect on an album from a band like this at least one stand out 'classic' type song. But there is NOTHING of the quality of even Lyla.

They took the Oasis sound, made it even more generic, added even worse lyrics (and the concepts MY GOD! Beatles and Stones, grow the fuck up Liam). Dig Out Your Soul should have been called Dig Out Your Grave, because I'd rather them have jumped in it after that dog turd of a record and save us all from hearing this trash.

F.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

I'll admit to being quite partial to Little James despite its much maligned (and quite fairly) lyrics, and even then the lyrics don't really bother me that much at all.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:15 PM
Heathen Chemistry is probably my favourite Oasis album and I really liked the last two albums as well. Never saw the big deal about Definitely Maybe.

Tags
liam gallagher