Beady Eye (Liam Gallagher)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it's not the second Oasis. But the song is not so catchy and strong as even the worst Oasis songs!:ohmy: I hope there will be other, better tracks from Beady Eye.

By the way, is Noel doing anything for his solo record?

Noel is taking a break
But rumours are that he will be back for the 2011 summer festivals

Lets hope so

GOD has many followers who are waiting

My hopes for a Noel Gallagher solo album are slightly lower than my hopes for a new Killers album. Which means pretty low. And that's from an Oasis fan.

Yeah it would be quite funny if after all the hype and expectation Noel's solo album turns out to be a major fail.

That's a solid tune, but it's a cover. Figures.

^ Agree with the first part - his voice is completely shot now and has been since the early-00s. Disagree with the second part, in my opinion he had one of the finest rock voices of all time from 94-97.

^ Agree with the first part - his voice is completely shot now and has been since the early-00s. Disagree with the second part, in my opinion he had one of the finest rock voices of all time from 94-97.

I agree with this completely!!!
People tend to forget how powerfull Liams voice was,
I think judging by these two Beady Eye tunes that he is really holding back and not using his voice as much, but in the later Oasis days he turned in some shocking vocal performances,

Too much smoking, drinking, drugs. Plus his trademark singing stance (head pointed up at the mic) causes a hell of a lot of strain on the vocal cords, so that can't have helped either.

Its funny though, smoking had a positive effect on Bono's vocals (at least for a while), and Paul Weller's.

actually, it sounds like one of the oldest cliches in the book.

still sounds terrible.

It's nice, but Bring the Light and Four Letter Word are way better.

Is it just me but do the strings/chords of Four Letter Word sound just a little reminiscent of Hold Me Thrill Me?? :hmm:

Is it just me but do the strings/chords of Four Letter Word sound just a little reminiscent of Hold Me Thrill Me?? :hmm:

First thing I though of on hearing it MikeyJB!

I ain't too big a fan of it, I mean c'mon having a stab at N.O.E.L is a bit pathetic, He is pretty much the main reason Beady Eye have this platform to start off on, I don't think the blown a fifty amp fuse lyric has been mentioned as a nod to the Rolling Stones, You Can't Always Get What You Want and of course another dig at Noel,

The Roller is pretty much Liam trying to be John Lennon, and I ain't got much of a problem with that, very boring and dull chorus tho, could have been alot better IMO, my favourite tune so far tho,

I think the latest in the Noel VS Liam camp is that Liam is raging that Noel is using left over Oasis material that Liam has already sung on, (of course Noel will re-record them with his own vocals) I say fire ahead Noel, I mean he wrote the songs, why not?

Back
Top Bottom