Beach boys new single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I waffled too much about whether or not I wanted to schlep out to the particular Seattle-area venue where they're playing this summer, and I missed my chance for tickets.

Oh well.

I wish I liked the song more.

On the plus side, it will easily be their best album since L.A. given that the albums after that all sucked immensely. This single is quite tolerable in fact.

Holy fuck, I almost wanna take back every positive thing I said about them after their recent - what was it, AMA show? - performance.

Dear U2: for the love of God, by all means keep going....but retire before you hit this kind of shit. (We'll even pretend WITS never happened)

Holy fuck, I almost wanna take back every positive thing I said about them after their recent - what was it, AMA show? - performance.

Dear U2: for the love of God, by all means keep going....but retire before you hit this kind of shit. (We'll even pretend WITS never happened)

It was the Grammys. They played with Foster The People and Maroon 5.

I can't hear about the Beach Boys without thinking about Brian Wilson's gobbler... Then I start thinking about the hypothetical gobbler slap fight between him and George Lucas... It's probably best I don't come back in here

If you think you are hearing Brian Wilson on this tour or on the new recording
chances are, you are not.

Beach Boys reunion: Jeffrey Foskett keeps the band in harmony - latimes.com

7.jpg

touring pays a lot more than those cameo roles on the Walking Dead

Album is pretty good, easily their best since Love You, no question.

I listened to them for free outside of the Greek in Berkeley. The mix was great, they played almost 50 songs, including a lot of the deep cuts. Also, there were PLENTY of tracks where Brian's voice was clearly doing the leads all by himself. Obviously, the guys get some help with the harmonizing, but it was totally Al doing the lead on "Rhonda", Bruce on "Disney Girls" and Brian on quite a few tracks. And they all sounded quite good.

NPR is streaming one of their shows:

The Beach Boys In Concert : NPR

Shit, I'm actually kind of bummed I didn't try for a ticket. Maybe I'll see if there's something reasonable available on Craigslist or something.

They sound good. And they're doing Sail On, Sailor! I love that song!

Edit: Shit, cheapest ticket on StubHub is $150. No better on Craigslist. Wahhhhhh.

Just wanted to pop in here to say FUCK MIKE LOVE.

No Beach Boys thread should get past ten posts without someone sharing that sentiment.

That is all.

Just wanted to pop in here to say FUCK MIKE LOVE.

No Beach Boys thread should get past ten posts without someone sharing that sentiment.

That is all.

You're going to wake from your sleep tonight... maybe around 4am... and at the foot of your bed will be Mike Love. He'll point at you and wink. When you rub the haze from your eyes to try to get a better look, he will be gone

Mike Love thought the lyrics to Pet Sounds were too intense and the music too bizarre. He outright hated Smile. Why uncreative, moneygrubbing people like that are in successful bands while thousands of others never make a cent is beyond me. Dude should be fixing cars.

At least his nephew in the NBA got me a ton of fantasy points this year.

They are coming to my and scumbo's neck of the woods on July 4th. I really hope U2 isn't touring into their 70's.

Back
Top Bottom