Bat For Lashes (Natasha Khan)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
So yes I've been hearing a lot about her, so I decided to check her album out.

Some good stuff. Kinda like Kate Bush. But not really. Because no one can really be 'like' Kate Bush. But that's another story altogether.

I hear more Bjork at times when listening to her, but that might just be my funky ears:wink:

yertle-the-turtle said:
The first thing I thought of when I saw that was Donnie Darko...

Haha, I've heard that from a few people.

Interesting we all think of so many different artists. For some reason I'm always reminded of Portishead, not really vocally or lyrically, but the music in general.

So yes I've been hearing a lot about her, so I decided to check her album out.

Some good stuff. Kinda like Kate Bush. But not really. Because no one can really be 'like' Kate Bush. But that's another story altogether.

I am not really seeing the Kate Bush connection at all TBH, reminds me more of some of Fleetwood Mac, especially the Stevie Nicks songs.

I'm really looking forward to this album, the last one had some fantastic songs. I really like this song too. Nothing beats the What's a Girl To Do video still though.

I've been meaning to check this out for a while. So this thread is cool. I watched that What's A Girl To Do video and it totally reminded me of Donnie Darko as well. Also reminded me of something else...hmmm...a petite, dark haired, British singer/songwriter girl riding around on her bicycle in a music video? Lily Allen did that same shit about a year before you did Natasha Khan!

I kid, I kid. The video was cool and I liked the song.

How could you even make that comparison, GAF? The What's a Girl To Do video > everything

Oh, holy lord. I just looked at the user comments on that YouTube vid and in the first few pages 10 people said the video reminded them of Donnie Darko and three people said she looks like Lily Allen. I've become one of those cliche idiots that writes stupid comments on YouTube videos. And I didn't even know it. I am now embarrassed and will go hide under my bed for a few days.

Yertle wrote that in 2007, so you may have a bit of a wait getting his response.

It's all good. If I had my way, he'd be posting here on a daily basis again. :up:

I'm in love with this woman, have loved 'fur and gold' for years (before she was even nominated for the mercury prize - bought it on a really random whim) and am seeing her live at easter. Cannot wait.

The new album is ace :up: Very similar to Fur & Gold, with some new elements. I really love her voice and the way her music takes you into some otherworldly, magical place.

*graphic designer's rant*

Whoever chose the stock for the album cover needs to be fired. It's clearly meant to be bright and colourful, but since this type of paper really absorbs the ink it looks like a cheap printed T-shirt that has been in a washing machine too often.

I'd love to see Natasha live :heart:

I really love her voice and the way her music takes you into some otherworldly, magical place.

That's exactly how I feel, too! I love the new album (as well as the older one) so much. I only discovered her quite recently but she has quickly become my favourite female singer. I would absolutely LOVE to see her live, fingers crossed for that to happen...

Back
Top Bottom