Bat For Lashes (Natasha Khan)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone want to comment on my genius comparison above?

I predicted that p4k would not be able to do a properly objective review. This thing got a 7.6 and the review totally glosses over the music. It is very, very kind.

I dunno. Just didn't feel like there was much substance there to me

NPR's write-up of what the album was like sucked. Glad it managed not to color my perception of the album.

Which I enjoyed.

A lot.

I think it's a great album. Samey yes, but I love the sound she's going for so I can't really complain.

It's a cross between A Grand Don't Come For Free and Push the Sky Away.

I don't know the first one, but I'm not hearing much of Push the Sky Away in it - it's far less morose and a hell of a lot cleaner / polished as well.

I just find her voice incredibly comforting, so I am going to love anything she does - much the same as with Beach House.

It's in the restrained dread of the music. Very sparse. I agree it's cleaner and more polished though.

A Grand Don't Come For Free is by The Streets. Very white British hip-hop. Also a concept album wherein the protagonist loses it all only to go on a journey of self-destruction/discovery and turn the corner by the end.

Wow this special edition vinyl is beautiful. The packaging, the photography, the deep magenta vinyl - everything. Thankfully a weak pound made it affordable coming from England.

I like it a lot more than Fur and Gold and probably more than Haunted Man, which as Cobbler mentioned has a lot of great stuff and a lot of forgettable material. The Bride, as a complete experience, is one of her most rewarding.

Two Suns is still her peak though. She'll probably never write a song I love as much as Daniel. One of my favorite songs of the century, honestly.

Two Suns is still her peak though. She'll probably never write a song I love as much as Daniel. One of my favorite songs of the century, honestly.

Great song, but it's not even the best on that album: that would be Sleep Alone.

Finally caught up with this new album. It's low on the standout individual songs for me and it's a tad too much of the same thing, but it's quite beautiful and soothing. I probably need to be in a more specific mood for this as opposed to her other albums.

Forgot all about this album, and then was surprised to realize I'd already heard it and had no recollection of it.

Relistened today. Just gorgeous. I love it a lot. As a complete album, of course. Individual tracks are, for lack of a better phrase, hit or miss. There are songs on here I'm just not going to listen to on their own. But why would you want to when the whole experience is so rewarding?

I've got to give this one another listen. I have it ranked incredibly high for something I've only heard once, though that one listen was bewitching.

Back
Top Bottom