Bat For Lashes (Natasha Khan)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried to keep up with the lyrics, but when you're driving a beast like my 95 Dodge Avenger, it's not the easiest to hear everything on those speakers.

My favorite track from Two Suns was the opener, and I think that is going to hold true for Haunted Man as well. Lilies is just splendid. What a fantastic vocal performance.

I think I'm looking at a three way tie at the top of my list of favorite female vocalists at the moment: Feist, Natasha Khan, and Victoria LeGrand.

LILIES :love:

gray_wash_love_tiger_day_lily_lilies_flower_tattoo_now_chloe_vanessa1.jpg

Is it coming out a day early in North America? My Amazon tracking details (iYup's favorite thing) say it will arrive today.

While it may not have as high of highs as the first two, it seems much more consistent to my ears, and is probably already my overall favorite album of hers.

The Manchester Cathedral show was brilliant. Khan has incredible stage presence and her voice was just otherworldly (despite her claims she had the flu). Horses of the Sun, Laura and Glass were the standouts. But even Rest Your Head, which is a bit limp on the record, sounded suitably epic, complete with Elaine Benes dance moves.

Also, venue :up:

598768_10151088989732327_1709450930_n.jpg

Having listened to this five times now, I am thinking that Beach House all of a sudden has competition for AoY honors.

Talking about songs from Haunted Man or albums in general? I'll just do both. :wink:

Lilies, All Your Gold, Laura, and Marilyn are my favorites from the album.

In terms of 2012 albums, I'd say Bloom, The Haunted Man, Kindred, Kill for Love, and Lonerism are probably the top five at the moment.

I actually lol'd.

This album isn't doing much for me. The last one didn't do much either so apparently Bat for Lashes isn't something for me. I do like Laura though. Beautiful song.

Back
Top Bottom