Bang and Clatter's 2013 Half-Year Best Of Lists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really liked Bankrupt. I had no room for it on my list, but it's still a very good album IMO.

Mosquito I heard once, it was pretty good but not something I'm rushing back to obviously.

The National, Vampire Weekend, Timberlake, Atoms For Peace, and Daft Punk are my top 5 right now.

I still need to listen to the new Deerhunter.

Odd that only one person has listed the David Bowie, especially considering the response it got here.

Easily the disappointment of the year for me so far, but I seem to be in the minority there. Heathen and Reality were both far stronger albums, in my opinion.

Srsly tho if you like gentle electro/ambient/chilled beats/etc, listen to me and Mofo and listen to the DJ Koze album. Got great reviews, features Caribou, Matthew Dear. Iron Yuppie in particular I suggest you get on it.

Srsly tho if you like gentle electro/ambient/chilled beats/etc, listen to me and Mofo and listen to the DJ Koze album. Got great reviews, features Caribou, Matthew Dear. Iron Yuppie in particular I suggest you get on it.

:up::up::up::up:

Anyone heard that Jon Hopkins record? I would highly recommend it to people who liked DJ Koze and Boards of Canada.

I liked him when he opened for Coldplay, but don't recall listening to him outside of that.

The three that have most impressed me so far have been Sigur Ros, Primal Scream and My Bloody Valentine. I haven't got to much else from this year.

I will. Thanks for the recommendation.

Something like this, roughly in order from favorite to least:

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away
The National - Trouble Will Find Me
Bad Religion - True North
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
Atoms for Peace - Amok
Queens of the Stone Age - Like Clockwork
The Tossers - The Emerald City
Kanye West - Yeezus
Sigur Ros - Kveikur
Flaming Lips - The Terror
David Bowie - The Next Day
Dropkick Murphys - Signed and Sealed in Blood
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito
Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience

Your lists overlap everything I'd type here, now that Foals has been mentioned.

Trouble Will Find Me is my clear favorite, MBV running second and then a few more.
:love:

My top 15 is a little out of date, I haven't updated my list in like a month, but I'm thinking this is close to right:

• Charli XCX - True Romance
  • Foals - Holy Fire
  • My Bloody Valentine - M B V
  • The National - Trouble Will Find Me
  • Frightened Rabbit - Pedestrian Verse
  • Yo La Tengo - Fade
  • David Bowie - The Next Day
  • Shout Out Louds - Optica
  • Autre Ne Neut - Anxiety (8/10)
  • Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
  • Neon Neon - Praxis Makes Perfect
  • Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
  • Toro y Moi - Anything in Return
  • M83/That Other Guy - Oblivion OST
  • Mark Kozelak - Perils of the Sea

Most anticipated coming up for the rest of the year:

Bell X1 - Chop Chop (which is already streaming and I'll be listening to in a few hours)
Dismemberment Plan - Uncanney Valley
Cloud Nothings
HAIM
Jesus and Mary Chain
U2

I'll add it to my Spotify "To Check Out" playlist as soon as I'm back in a country where Spotify works. If you don't hear from me about it later, could you be a dear (deer? donkey?) and remind me? :)

Back
Top Bottom