Bands You Used To Listen To

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Every year there are different bands people listen to. Some stay the same as some change over the years. Some are guilty pleasures and some you just got bored of listening to.

I sometimes listen to these bands now but I used to listen to these bands a lot a lot 5 years ago but not that much anymore:

STYX
Chicago

i regretfully say INXS. i will always consider them one of my all-time favorites, but haven't listened to them in almost 10 years.

The Cure
Echo & The Bunnymen
Midnight Oil
New Order
No Doubt
INXS
Blink 182
Green Day
Smashmouth

And, many years ago I used to listen to rap: (when I went crazy and stopped listening to U2 for a bit :crack: )

Snoop Dogg
Dr. Dre
NWA
Ice Cube

Stopped listening to these for a few years but got back into again fairly recently:

Depeche Mode
The Smiths/Morrissey

Ditto on U2. In fact, everything I listened to back when I've now stopped. It must be because I'm now old and listen to AM radio and have become my mother.

:hmm:

Oasis.

Mostly for fear of being an unwilling recipient to KNIFE CRIME.

I can honestly and sadly say U2. Honestly, though, it's really just that I listen to a LOT less U2 than I used to. Infinitely less. When I do spin the records, though, they still hit me like they used to. I just, you know...only listen to them two or three times a year, is all.

Ditto on the upthread Def Leppard. Jesus, I once listened to the fuck out of that band...!

Also used to listen to a lot of The Cure records. Not so much, anymore. Same goes for Depeche Mode.

With all of these bands (and many, many, many others), though, a commonality appears--I haven't "grown" to dislike these bands. I've simply stopped listening to them, as much as I used to. I dislike records and periods of all these bands and others, away from whom I've also moved, but I don't dislike the bands.

Yes, I too will have to say Def Leppard. Still love parts of the Pyromania/Hysteria/Adrenalize trio (with Hysteria in particular being a favorite), but I'm just not much into that sound anymore. I also listen to a whole lot less Aerosmith, although Toys In The Attic and Rocks still sound fantastic to me.

Aerosmith
Audioslave
AFI
Barenaked Ladies
Collective Soul
Creed
Dave Matthews Band
Everclear
Foo Fighters
Gin Blossoms
INXS
Live
Mute Math
The Police
Sting
Stone Temple Pilots
Tears For Fears
Toad The Wet Sprocket

I suppose I listen to a song here and there from these bands, but they have all dropped off dramatically for me

Yes, I too will have to say Def Leppard. Still love parts of the Pyromania/Hysteria/Adrenalize trio (with Hysteria in particular being a favorite), but I'm just not much into that sound anymore. I also listen to a whole lot less Aerosmith, although Toys In The Attic and Rocks still sound fantastic to me.

Toys in the Attic remains a brilliant album. Wonderful stuff, on there. Just wonderful.

i def don;t listen to as much aerosmith or ac/dc as i used to. not even close. thier alot of bands that take my top spot, then drift away,. but they always find thier way back. i drifted away from u2 from 1988-1995.and that's really a crime that considering i missed out and was completely unaware of AB. wish i could have experinced that change over first hand. sometimes i may just go from totally worshipping a band to just being obsessed with them. lol.

I cannot believe how anyone in a U2 Fan Forum can NOT listen to U2 when they have a new album out and a tour coming. Maybe I'm missing something. But at the moment U2 is almost all I listen to, simply because I don't have time for anything else.

Bands and artists I used to listen to: Mainly pop. I've become more of a rock person in recent years.

Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Papa Roach
Sum 41
Dr. Dre
Snoop Dogg

and a lot of hip hop and rap music...

:D

Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails. I had an excuse, I was 14.

I cannot believe how anyone in a U2 Fan Forum can NOT listen to U2 when they have a new album out and a tour coming. Maybe I'm missing something. But at the moment U2 is almost all I listen to, simply because I don't have time for anything else.

Bands and artists I used to listen to: Mainly pop. I've become more of a rock person in recent years.

I guess that maybe these guys are probably excited about other bands with new albums coming out and tours starting soon, and thus they don't have time for U2, or it could simply be the fact that they have outworn U2 and still post on the off-topic parts of the forum because they happen to like it here.

that's just sad

I'm pretty burned out on the post-Rubber Soul stuff, but, for some reason, I love the early work more than I ever have, so it evens out. I never could get into A Hard Day's Night before, but now it's sounding really good to me.

Always one of the greats. :up:

Actually, I don't listen to The Beatles all that much, anymore, either. Still my favorite band of all time, but knowing every single last detail of every single last song kind of makes listening inessential, you know? I definitely break out the records, from time to time, but I really mean "from time to time." Like, no more than two or three times a year, and usually just one or two albums at a time.

Back
Top Bottom