Bands that Changed so Much You Feel Personally Betrayed By Them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lady Gaga. Her last album was so bad. But we will always have Bad Romance, which is probably favorite pop song, ever.
yes.

i will add the killers. hot fuss was great. what happened? i didn't like them enough to feel personally betrayed by them or anything, but they're probably the first band i think of where i liked their earlier stuff, then just really haven't liked anything since.

The Strokes. Their first two albums were insane good. Then they went to blah fast. And then actively not good more recently. I don't like it. But it doesn't offend me personally. There's so much good music to be discovered that when artists change and I don't like it, I just don't listen to their newer stuff.

If it were 2005, I would have said U2 but I really like their last two albums.

When I saw them live, I spent the entire time cringing at nearly everything they did. A music video accompanied one of the new tracks on the video boards of a bunch of "goth" and "punk" teenagers in love. It was really, really pathetic.

Nearly as pathetic as seeing Blink 182 the next night and them playing almost all "new" material and actually skipping major singles from the early years.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blink182/2013/humboldt-park-chicago-il-23c77c5b.html

I consider anything after that self-titled Blink 182 album with the Robert Smith song to not exist. That reminds me, I took it quite personally when Green Day put out American Idiot, while we're on the subject of hugely popular pop punk bands I was never actually a huge fan of. I was in this minority (no pun intended) that thought Warning was good, liked the direction they were going in, only to be insulted when they came back as 40+ year old wearing eyeliner and trying to appeal to kids who were barely out of diapers when Dookie came out.

Back to Fall Out Boy, Take This to Your Grave and From Under the Cork Tree are perfectly okay.

Last edited:
Muse is the easiest answer. They tried to sell out and it failed.

Coldplay is almost there.

Imagine Dragons can be chalked up on my list.

but really, though. Black Sabbath experienced some peculiar changes as Tony Iommi wasn't allowed to disband Sabbath when Ozzy and Dio wasn't in the band.

I still enjoy them but I can't remember a band with a divide between fans greater than Kings Of Leon. My main issue with them lately is their obvious laziness. They are very talented and have vastly improved as musicians but you can't help but notice that they don't give a flying fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Katrina and The Waves really betrayed me. They were an unstoppable musical force, but then they sold out to corporate. They could've been the greatest of all time.

Katrina and The Waves really betrayed me. They were an unstoppable musical force, but then they sold out to corporate. They could've been the greatest of all time.

Once 'Frankie Goes to Hollywood' got out of their homo-erotic safe sex phase I tuned out

Van Halen peaked with the first 8 tracks of their debut album. They never had a better run of songs than that.

I actually prefer the Van Hagar era

picard1.jpg

Never liked Muse. Coldplay I guess, but they've given me enough good stuff that I can sort of move on. I listened to the new one once and it was shit, so never again, and I'm fine.

Bloc Party is the one that comes to mind, though. "Betrayed" is far too strong a word but everything has been downhill with them since Silent Alarm, one of my albums of the noughts. In fact, it's all been downhill since track one; Like Eating Glass is probably my fav Bloc Party song. That new song is atrocious.

I might think of some more later. Even Outkast there's disappointment there, because their last album was a bit crap and every time they step out together they prove that if they did something it would be mega good.

When I saw them live, I spent the entire time cringing at nearly everything they did. A music video accompanied one of the new tracks on the video boards of a bunch of "goth" and "punk" teenagers in love. It was really, really pathetic.

Nearly as pathetic as seeing Blink 182 the next night and them playing almost all "new" material and actually skipping major singles from the early years.

blink‐182 Concert Setlist at Riot Fest 2013 on September 14, 2013 | setlist.fm

Not sure how serious you are..? Five songs from the latest album out of 21 and five from that self-titled which was huge (and great) plus a solid smattering from the rest? Also, aren't we the first to say kudos to bands who play new stuff over old stuff?

Back
Top Bottom