B&C's Reactions to "Professional" Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Who knows if this topic will go anywhere, but we've been having a bit of fun with it in the Yeah Yeah Yeah's thread.

So, what review has you happy/pissed/Christgau'd?

For example, this review:

Album Review: Charli XCX – True Romance | Consequence of Sound

Did you know that Grimes single-handedly "gathered the ashes of Kraftwerk" and blew them into the wind, rebirthing synthesizer music?

EDIT: Finally forced myself to read the rest of it. Holy shit.
1) "For now, True Romance is a valiant attempt that doesn’t do much more than provide the soundtrack for “getting ready to go out” songs on tinny laptop speakers." - There is so much this album has to offer a headphone listen, what the hell?

2) Essential Tracks: “Set Me Free”, “How Can I”- I hope they just didn't want to use songs we've known for a while. "How Can I" is the only weak track on the whole album.

Tiny Mix Tapes.

/thread

"Scoring this release at zero comes not from some gut reaction to long-form drone, electroacoustic experimentation, or the maniacal way in which The Knife have approached protest music — I find it enthralling that they should go to such lengths to prove a point. When they say “we want to fail more,” their intention is to breech the album format as a construct, and in that respect, they have succeeded. Indeed, I’m not attacking The Knife for their daring feat, but reexamining my own familiarities with convention at the hands of their artistry, and that simply won’t register on a scale of one to five."

Reading any of these reviews involves links that don't allow for any reader comments. That drives me insane because these hipster fucktards need to be told how much we hate them. It makes me feel like they're getting away with something

Reading any of these reviews involves links that don't allow for any reader comments. That drives me insane because these hipster fucktards need to be told how much we hate them. It makes me feel like they're getting away with something

It would kind of ruin their image. You can comment on the reviews on Facebook and Twitter anyway... one running gag on p4k's Facebook of late has been people commenting "but what does Morrissey think??!" on everything they post. It's pretty funny.

It would kind of ruin their image. You can comment on the reviews on Facebook and Twitter anyway... one running gag on p4k's Facebook of late has been people commenting "but what does Morrissey think??!" on everything they post. It's pretty funny.

You both know they won't ever read these. I'll need home addresses so I can send a handwritten scroll with my olde messenger

You both know they won't ever read these. I'll need home addresses so I can send a handwritten scroll with my olde messenger

They used to have a segment where you could email them with questions. I sent one to Ryan Schreiber once demanding to know why they thought Achtung Baby wasn't in the best 200 albums of the 90s and he actually wrote back and said it was an oversight.

@ Mike, Sometimes when I write posts I think to myself, "I hope _____ reads this". In the post two posts above Mofo's post's case, I filled that blank with your name.

3f0ed1bebf13bf8d0e38b841e5ab3bf9

“Information is scarce on the status of Boosie. I was told two months ago that he might get out this summer — but he might not get out until next year. What’s clear is that the officials at the Angola Penitentiary are determined to make his incarceration as painful as possible."

Look at that sexy man-beast.

Ok, damn, that is one of the worst metaphors...I have ever had the misfortune of reading. Thanks. I think I lost 3 years of my life.

This review is terrible because of the score he gives it

Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy ALBUM REVIEW - YouTube

And then the score he gives this

Skrillex- Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites EP REVIEW - YouTube

My cat could muster more insight by stepping out of his litter box and onto my laptop:

Lana Del Rey - Born to Die | Music Review | Tiny Mix Tapes
Hot Chip - In Our Heads | Music Review | Tiny Mix Tapes

I'd seen the Hot Chip one but not the Lana Del Rey one. Those are some pathetic self-satisfied little fucks. At least when p4k reviewed a Jet album with a gif of a monkey pissing in its mouth it was funny.

Fantano and AV Club are my favorite reviewers. They are the most even-handed and least hung up on waxing philosophical.

Back
Top Bottom