B&C's New Album Release Calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's hoping that Deerhunter release is more Lockett Pundt than Bradford Cox. There haven't been many well-loved albums here in B&C that I have been totally indifferent to/undewhelmed by like I was with Halcyon Digest.

I think the two balance each other out well. Hopefully they will be working cooperatively rather than in a Cox song/Pundt song rotation.

I think you mean Like Clockwork instead of Era Vulgaris for the QOTSA release DB.

FlyLo is playing here soon, with Thundercat. I wish I could go, but I don't have any more money for concerts really.

Here's hoping that Deerhunter release is more Lockett Pundt than Bradford Cox. There haven't been many well-loved albums here in B&C that I have been totally indifferent to/undewhelmed by like I was with Halcyon Digest.

Agreed, though unfortunately I heard that there's only one Pundt-centric song. Reports are that it's one of the best songs on the album. No surprise there.

Meh. I'll take the most recent Atlas Sound over the most recent Lotus Plaza nearly every day.

Agreed, though unfortunately I heard that there's only one Pundt-centric song. Reports are that it's one of the best songs on the album. No surprise there.

I don't know. I listen to Deerhunter for the synergy between Pundt, Cox, and the rest of the band. I'm not really in the market for Spooky Action 2.0 right now.

Ugh Parallax was so boring

Well when you're listening to the quantity of music that a guy like you listens to, I could see maybe you thinking that since it's not an immediate record. But at this point, I'd toss it into the mix of the best records of the Deerhunter conglomorate. Probably in the top 3 for me. In fact, I'm listening to it right now and I'm far from bored. Great melodies and chord progressions. Fantastic production.

I'll admit to only hearing it twice, but that's usually enough to give me an incentive to return to something.

The quantity of music that Deerhunter and its members have released cause the less immediate/likable/good ones to get buried, that's just a drawback to how they release albums. Maybe when they slow down/break up I'll have an opportunity to appreciate their discography as a whole.

Makes sense. I've played the hell out of the last few. Dozens of listens each to Microcastle, Halcyon Digest, Parallax, and Spooky Action. I think taken as a whole, I like the songwriting the best on Parallax. The production on all of them is a wash. Either way, I'll take my album each year from one of the group and I'm sure I'll love it and listen to it a ton. That may be at the cost of me not listening to music I'll enjoy less along the way, though.

Friday update, probably with lots of errors. Please post corrections and/or additions.

April 1
The Black Angels - Indigo Meadow
Bonobo - The North Borders
Mad Season - Above (Reissue)
Mudhoney - Vanishing Point
The Thermals - Desperate Ground (In stores April 16)
Tyler, The Creator - Wolf

April 8
James Blake - Overgrown
Deap Vally - Get Deap! EP
The Knife - Shaking The Habitual
M83 - Oblivion Soundtrack
Paramore - Paramore
The Postal Service - Give Up (Reissue)
Kurt Vile - Walkin' On A Pretty Daze

April 15
Charli XCX - True Romance
The Flaming Lips - The Terror
Iron And Wine - Ghost On Ghost
M.I.A. – Matangi
Thee Oh Sees - Floating Coffin
The Thermals - Desperate Ground
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito

April 22
Kid Cudi - Indicud
Phoenix - Bankrupt!
Snoop Dogg Lion - Reincarnated

April 29
Neon Neon - Praxis Makes Perfect

May 6
Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
Deerhunter - Monomania
Fitz And The Tantrums - More Than Just A Dream
Justice - Access All Arenas (Live)
Noah And The Whale - Heart Of Nowhere
She & Him - Volume Three
Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires Of The City

May 13
Sun Kil Moon & The Album Leaf - Perils From The Sea
Mark Lanegan & Duke Garwood - Black Pudding
MS MR - Second Hand Rapture
Wampire - Curiosity

May 20
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
The National - Trouble Will Find Me

May 27
The Polyphonic Spree - Yes, It's True

June 3
Camera Obscura - Desire Lines
Eleanor Friedberger - Personal Record
Iamwhoiam - Bounty

June 10
Black Sabbath - 13 (June)

June 17
Sigur Rós - Kveikur

June 24
Bell X1 - Chop Chop

TBA
65daysofstatic (August)
Arcade Fire (Late 2013)
Common (September)
Dismemberment Plan
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
Editors
The Horrors (September)
Jesus And Mary Chain
Jimmy Eat World
Lil Boosie - Louisiana State Penitentiary Inmate #560699
Lady Ga Ga - ARTPOP
Neil Finn (October)
Pearl Jam
Queens Of The Stone Age - Like Clockwork (June)
Sebadoh (Spring)
Travis
U2 (Fall)
The Weeknd - Kiss Land

popeye.jpg

Not sure how many others care about this one, but I'm excited that Little Boots has a new one coming out on May 7, called Nocturnes.

Back
Top Bottom