B&C's Best Albums of 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT)

1. How often do you have a drink containing alcohol?
(0) Never (Skip to Questions 9-10)
(1) Monthly or less
(2) 2 to 4 times a month
(3) 2 to 3 times a week
(4) 4 or more times a week

2. How many drinks containing alcohol do you have on a typical day when you are drinking
(0) 1 or 2
(1) 3 or 4
(2) 5 or 6
(3) 7, 8, or 9
(4) 1000 or more

3. How often do you have six or more drinks on one occasion?
(0) Never
(1) Less than monthly
(2) Monthly
(3) Weekly
(4) Daily or almost daily

4. How often during the last year have you found that you were not able to stop drinking once you had started?
(0) Never
(1) Less than monthly
(2) Monthly
(3) Weekly

5. How often during the last year have you failed to do what was normally expected from you because of drinking?
(0) Never
(1) Less than monthly
(2) Monthly
(3) Weekly

6. How often during the last year have you been unable to remember what happened the night before because you had been drinking?
(0) Never
(1) Less than monthly
(2) Monthly
(3) Weekly

7. How often during the last year have you needed an alcoholic drink first thing in the morning to get yourself going after a night of heavy drinking?
(0) Never
(1) Less than monthly
(2) Monthly
(3) Weekly

8. How often during the last year have you had a feeling of guilt or remorse after drinking?
(0) Never
(1) Less than monthly
(2) Monthly
(3) Weekly

9. Have you or someone else been injured as a result of your drinking?
(0) No
(2) Yes, but not in the last year
(4) Yes, during the last year

10. Has a relative, friend, doctor, or another health professional expressed concern about your drinking or suggested you cut down?
(0) No
(2) Yes, but not in the last year
(4) Yes, during the last year

Add up the points associated with your answers above. A total score of 8 or more indicates harmful drinking behavior. See your doctor.

Robin-how-i-met-your-mother-2590616-1280-720.jpg

Why is it when I image search the word "Intervention" I get pages and pages of guns? https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...w&biw=1252&bih=543&sei=O4L3ULKFHszdqAGa7oCQAw

I like the Toy album too, LJT, but I haven't listened to it enough yet. It's still on my 'to check out' playlist.

:up:It's a good album, gotta a lot of love at least from reviewers on this side of the pond, then bugger all when lists started coming out. Though The Quietus website pushed it a decent amount which surprised me as they are indier than thou than even pitchfork and they wouldn't be their usual cup of tea.

I have a class I need to go to, but I'll get you kiddies started with the first group of albums. As I did last year, I compiled a top thirty with the only rule being that you needed at least three votes to qualify. That rule only impacted two albums (Cruel Summer and Centipede Hz). Let's roll, you guys.

STATS ARE FUN
Total Albums: 137
Albums Receiving Only One Vote: 75
Total Lists: 23

30. Stars - The North (12 points, 4 votes)
29. Andrew Bird - Break It Yourself (15 points, 3 votes)
T-26. Frankie Rose - Interstellar (17 points, 4 votes)
T-26. Bloc Party - Four (17 points, 4 votes)
T-26. Grimes - Visions (17 points, 4 votes)
25. Metric - Synthetica (24 points, 3 votes)
24. Sharon Van Etten - Tramp (27 points, 3 votes)
23. Bob Dylan - Tempest (28 points, 3 votes)
22. David Byrne & St. Vincent - Love This Giant (30 points, 3 votes)
21. Cat Power - Sun (34 points, 7 votes)

I should clarify: it only impacted two albums that fell in the original top thirty. There were a number of albums that it impacted, obviously. Anyone who threw a 12-15 on an album that only received one vote also had their albums impacted. Stars was the 46th album in the full ranking. Andrew Bird was the 35th. The other 28 were all in the top thirty to begin with.

It's interesting to see where Grimes ended up here, particularly with how well regarded it was by most all of us early last year. I liked it a great deal personally, but was surprised by how highly placed it was in many critics lists. Sometimes I worry I overrate albums that came out later in the year, and underrate earlier albums.

For example: I was actually really tempted to give Andy Stott's album "points", as I feel like I like it more than some of the albums I listed, but didn't because I'd only been listening to it for a week.

For example: I was actually really tempted to give Andy Stott's album "points", as I feel like I like it more than some of the albums I listed, but didn't because I'd only been listening to it for a week.

That's how I felt about Centipede Hz

I'm wondering if Grimes should be higher.

Peef, I realize I'm going all Historian on you here, but did you include Ax's list at all? He has Metric on his, which gave them four votes and 33 points instead.

I'm wondering if Grimes should be higher.

Peef, I realize I'm going all Historian on you here, but did you include Ax's list at all? He has Metric on his, which gave them four votes and 33 points instead.

I have to look into this when I get home.

Alright, yeah, I somehow missed Axver's list. Re-doing this now. Good thing you caught this before I got too far into this. Thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom