B&C's Best Albums of 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, that Tamaryn album is pretty great, and definitely an improvement on its predecessor, The Waves, which was good but overshadowed by the quality of the title track relative to everything else. Tender New Signs consistently reaches a higher standard.

You know, Ax, I thought it might be your type of thing, and almost referenced you in the post. Now at least I feel validated that I had some sense of what you might dig.

Let it be said that poutine and Vegemite/Marmite are both great.

You know, Ax, I thought it might be your type of thing, and almost referenced you in the post. Now at least I feel validated that I had some sense of what you might dig.

If it involves shoegaze, you can pretty safely assume it'll be up my alley. :wink:

In my review of Tender New Signs on RYM, I believe I described the album as "shoegaze has rarely sounded so sultry" or words to that effect, and I stand by it. Tamaryn are carving out their own little sound in the shoegaze world rather than just rehashing Ride/MBV/Slowdive, so I hope they get some good exposure. Plus I'd like them to tour Australia!

I like seeing Kendrick Lamar placing that low, I really expected the top four to be lame impala, bloom, frank ocean, and him.

And now that I've googled cheese curds, they sound fucking disgusting. And I've also always wondered how people consider Vegemite to be a food.

Back
Top Bottom