B&C's Best Albums of 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Suck it, haters.

Psychedelic_Frog_Frog_by_bear48.jpg

Really, really blows that Let England Shake didn't show up in any of the later lists. Probably doesn't even have a shot at top 5, with a couple of #1 placements.

I'm really surprised that St. Vincent hasn't received more love. Goes to show that it's extremely difficult to predict individual tastes, even from people whom you think that you know.

Really, really blows that Let England Shake didn't show up in any of the later lists. Probably doesn't even have a shot at top 5, with a couple of #1 placements.

I'm really surprised that St. Vincent hasn't received more love. Goes to show that it's extremely difficult to predict individual tastes, even from people whom you think that you know.

Cry me a river. I think I'm the only person who listed Hotel Shampoo, and it's not like Gruff Rhys makes "difficult music".

St. Vincent just missed the cut for me, FWIW.

Also, I listened to Father, Son, Holy Ghost again today and it really sunk in finally. I'm kind of wishing I had made room for it.

What about vlad? I'm sure he could bump Watch the Throne up a few points.

I lol'd.

I would've posted a list if I hadn't been so lazy in finding/listening to 2011 music. I don't think I've listened to 15 and two of them I disliked so much (easy to guess them, I'd assume) I would refuse to add to that list.

Cry me a river. I think I'm the only person who listed Hotel Shampoo, and it's not like Gruff Rhys makes "difficult music".

St. Vincent just missed the cut for me, FWIW.

Also, I listened to Father, Son, Holy Ghost again today and it really sunk in finally. I'm kind of wishing I had made room for it.

Thanks for reading my list :sexywink:

Actually shocked that Imperor didn't include the Girls album either.

Ain't he a big fan?

Huge fan, but I don't like it as much as the debut or the EP. Can't get enough of "Alex" and "Forgiveness" though.

LemonMelon said:

that album did nothing for me. could not stand the vocals.

Peef, if you haven't heard PJ's Stories From The City... I suggest you check it out. She doesnt force herself into that upper register like she does on Let England Shake. On one song she sounds like Ann Wilson, another like Patti Smith, etc. and the songs are fantastic.

Nice list, Peefster. I'm happy to see a handful of us listed Mogwai, glad I'm not the only one still fanboying for them. :wink:
:up:

I don't understand the disinterest they get either. If the album is worse than Young Team, it doesn't mean that it's terrible. All Mogwai albums are pretty solid and the last one probably even more so than the ones before it.

Peef, if you haven't heard PJ's Stories From The City... I suggest you check it out. She doesnt force herself into that upper register like she does on Let England Shake. On one song she sounds like Ann Wilson, another like Patti Smith, etc. and the songs are fantastic.
You already threw this suggestion out to me, and I did indeed listen to Stories from the City and enjoyed it much better. I have nothing against PJ Harvey, I just don't like Let England Shake at all and am stumped by its popularity.

I like Let England Shake so much more than Stories (which was my favorite PJ record until now).

Let England Shake is in a different league from Stories conceptually and, ultimately, in execution. It's a far deeper, more memorable record, and I think Stories is really good, though fairly conservative. Let England Shake is so rich, full of great stories and creative instrumentation, and there's nothing else like it in her discography. Can't think of a more deserving #1 for the year, although I won't be upset if Hurry Up We're Dreaming wins out, because there's so fucking many great songs on it.

Let England Shake is in a different league from Stories conceptually and, ultimately, in execution. It's a far deeper, more memorable record, and I think Stories is really good, though fairly conservative. Let England Shake is so rich, full of great stories and creative instrumentation, and there's nothing else like it in her discography. Can't think of a more deserving #1 for the year, although I won't be upset if Hurry Up We're Dreaming wins out, because there's so fucking many great songs on it.

Couldn't agree more.

Okay, so the polling is officially closed. I will reveal the Top 30 shortly. A couple rules for this list:

We had 21 lists, so I made it so that you needed to get at least three votes (appearances on a list) to make the Top 30. This only affected two albums that made the Top 30 with just two votes.

Tiebreakers are number of votes. If you had the same amount of points, the list with the most appearances in lists gets the tiebreaker.

Let's do this.

You've really taken the Impy System (unapologetically pilfered from AV Club) and made it your own, Peef Stroganoff.

Can't wait to see where Music From Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark - An Original Broadway Soundtrack ended up in this voting.

Back
Top Bottom