B&C's 2015 Albums of the Year AKA The One Time A Year Peef Uses Math

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm probably largely throwing away votes, but whatevs.

1. Tame Impala: Currents - 15
2. Mute Math: Vitals - 14
3. Lord Huron: Strange Trails - 13
4. Penguin Prison: Lost In New York - 12
5. Smallpools: Lovetap! - 11
6. The Wombats: Glitterbug - 10
7. El Vy: Return To The Moon - 9
8. Strange Names: Use Your Time Wisely - 8
9. Avid Dancer: 1st Bath - 8

Although the release I'm most looking forward to is this Friday, my band Moon Dwarfs is releasing an EP called Moor and Mountain. Yes, it's a Christmas EP. I'm in final post-production now and trying to avoid brickwall impulse.

Baroness' Purple got available online/stream right now and it's amazing, i think it's got to be in best album of 2015 list, definitely

Yeah I've considered not giving C&L any points to make sure Kendrick wins but that would just be lame, and Sufjan would probably still win.

Baroness' Purple got available online/stream right now and it's amazing, i think it's got to be in best album of 2015 list, definitely
I'm going to listen to this in my way to work. Well see if it makes the list.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Am I the only person who's going to even mention HEALTH in their year end list? Sad.

Am I the only person who's going to even mention HEALTH in their year end list? Sad.

Hadn't heard the new one, but liked their older releases (not so much the Disco things) and have seen them live. Will have to give it a shot.

Hadn't heard the new one, but liked their older releases (not so much the Disco things) and have seen them live. Will have to give it a shot.

Definitely should, it's quite a bit different (quite a bit better, in my opinion) than their past albums. It's sort of a concept album as well, which is interesting for them. Quite a bit more vocals and almost poppy sounding songs compared to a lot of the noise stuff they did before. The subject matter is extremely bleak and dark though, which is a cool contrast to how the poppier songs sound. It's pretty diverse as well, which I like.

Great album.

Sorry I'm pretty new to this forum outside of Even Better Than The real Thing??? thread but how does this point system work?

Rank 15 albums and assign them points based on the ranking. Make sure that the points add up to 100. There are a few examples in here.

Yours was actually fine, because we encourage people who haven't listened to that many albums to still post in here even if they aren't assigning points. I was referring to BigMacPhisto and Tourist, who both submitted lists where they were able to divy up 100 points to fewer than 15 albums, which kind of doesn't work mathematically.

Yours was actually fine, because we encourage people who haven't listened to that many albums to still post in here even if they aren't assigning points. I was referring to BigMacPhisto and Tourist, who both submitted lists where they were able to divy up 100 points to fewer than 15 albums, which kind of doesn't work mathematically.

I could put in 6 more albums and give them all zero points....

Or listen to more than 9 albums a year :sexywink:

I listened to 14 new albums this year, but I didn't want to give points to the other 5. I discovered a ton of music this year from 2012-2014 that I like, though, so there's that.

I've listened to hundreds of albums this year, like any other year. Just being strategic and also had a ton of "proper" releases that I handed out an 80/100 on AOTY, so a bit hard to distinguish between a few dozen albums of that caliber.

Back
Top Bottom