B&C's 2015 Albums of the Year AKA The One Time A Year Peef Uses Math

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Urban Dictionary: Nut

This isn't even a remotely obscure piece of slang either, though it's probably just a US thing. I actually laughed out loud at Cobbler's post.

What's the wholesome metaphor for "nut?" That the brain is roughly shaped like a walnut, so using your brain is using your nut?

Last edited:
excited to nut it out.

I'll bet you are.

Daffy-Duck-masturbating.gif

So as usual I realize now that I once again listened to very little new music this year somehow so I will be unable to add anything to this thread other than my charm and witty comments...

Anyhow, I thought I would give both of the Beach House albums another spin and I was impressed by both, I don't recall them making much of an impression on first listen but I'm glad I went back, especially Thank Your Lucky Stars. All Your Yeahs and One Thing are my favourite tracks right now.

I think I have my list finalized, barring some insane last-second listen that flips everything around. Happened with Black Messiah last year.

Yes, I made room for Carly Rae Jepsen. :dance:

I kinda wonder if I've even listened to 10 albums that were released this year yet.

Edit: Just did the math - I've heard 13 albums that have been released this year.

Avid Dancer - 1st Bath
Bad Suns - Language & Perspective
EL VY - Return to the Moon
Lord Huron - Strange Trails
Mute Math - Vitals
My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall
Neon Indian - Vega International Night School
Passion Pit - Kindred
Penguin Prison - Lost In New York [I'm pissed off this was never released on CD or any lossless format other than vinyl, so I'm boycotting the album until it is]
Small Pools - Lovetap!
Strange Names - Use Your Time Wisely
Tame Impala - Currents
The Wombats - Glitterbug

Last edited:
B&C's 2015 Albums of the Year AKA The One Time A Year Peef Uses Math

I actually listened to around 30, double the amount of albums I listened to in 2014. Anyways, list is coming together. Might be another week or two before I post it.

Last edited:
Going through my votes on Musicmeter I've listened to 60 albums this year, compared to 73 last year. I have definitely forgotten to vote on quite a few albums though.

I have somewhere between 50 and 60 as well. There's a few more I still need to get around to.

Pitchfork songs-of-the-year list is out: The 100 Best Tracks of 2015 | Pitchfork

Hotline Bling at #2 is the most Pitchfork think. And as cobbler said elsewhere, I don't get the love over Good Times. But there's good stuff there.

Black Messiah songs should have been in last year's list, though.

I just posted some of my thoughts in RMT but it's probably better to have the discussion in here. So I'll just repeat:

How bad is the top three of Pitchfork's best songs? The worst song off the Jamie xx record, a decent but unspectacular single if you ignore the videoclip and one of the worst songs off To Pimp A Butterfly. Imagine those songs really being the best three released in 2015. I'd give up on new music I think.

And as cobbler said elsewhere, I don't get the love over Good Times.

Good lord, whoever the rapper is on that song has the most obnoxious flow and tone in the history of hip-hop. Fucking unlistenable.

I do not even remotely understand the like for Young Thug, and he's got another song in the top 10, too. That's an infuriatingly shit list.

Thugger is trash to my ears, but a lot of people seem to dig him.

I love Good Times though, in spite of him.

I love the production on the Grimes album, but that's pretty much where its appeal stops for me.
Which is the same reaction I had to the Kendrick Lamar album.
Just not my cup of tea, I guess.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time deciding whether Art Angels or Carrie & Lowell is my AOTY. It's close.

Back
Top Bottom