Awful Remake of "We Are The World"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a soft spot for the original, but this is just crap.

I know it's for a great cause, but to steal a line from somewhere else on the internet ...

Hasn't Haiti suffered enough?

;)

The worst part for me was the seconds surrounding and including Lil Wayne...makes hip-hop look like bullshit.

And what the fuck was Jeff Bridges doing in the middle of all that?

I don't get what all the hype was about regarding this remake. I'm still wondering why they alll are so proud of it other than they "donated" some of their time to get their name on a project thinkinging it'll go down in history. And the ending with Will I Am? WTF is that all about? I'd be happy never ever hearing it again. I say long live the original We Are The World!!

my god.

i mean, i know every decade has had it's bad music, but it just seems like in this decade (well, last, now) some really, really shitty music and "musicians" have become very popular and well loved.

like that Fireflies song.

Gah! All they're doing is creating a pat-on-the-back moment for themselves with that video, and unfortunately competition for the Hope For Haiti album already out (that was filled with much more heart-on-your-sleeve performance than I saw in this particular video), Clooney should have some TV spots up to get people to continue to buy that, initial support is great, but there are still lots of people languishing in precarious situations.

I actually thought they integrated the new rap portion into the song quite well. Could've really done without the autotune boys and Justin Bieber (who may have also been enhanced to a lesser degree by autotune).

It's a bit scary how much will.i.am and Kanye West sounded alike on the song. Who were the two mature women singing near the end of the song?

Shut the fuck up Donny, you're out of your element.

God damn you, 1B1L. You fucking asshole. Everything's a fucking travesty with you, woman. And what was all that shit about Haiti? What the fuck has anything got to do with Haiti? What the fuck are you talking about?

When they first showed just the spot of that sparkly glove, I was about to get pissed because I thought it was some douchebag like Kanye being all "Look at me! I'm wearing a glove like Michael Jackson!!!!111." Then, when I realized that they were cutting Michael's bits into the new version, I was glad. That was the best part of the whole song. Once again, the dead man bests everyone else. Also, what was up with the audio at Janet's part? You couldn't even hear her. Miley Cyrus is shouting in my ear like a dying cat, but let's turn down the volume on Janet Jackson? FAIL.:down: Oh, and Lil' Wayne singing Bob Dylan's part? For real?

It's bullshit that they kept the MJ clips in there. If you're going to go full retard, then do it. Starting with Justin Beiber helped, but it wasn't enough.

Nothing here tops Huey Lewis' "there's no way we can falllllll!" line. He fucking nails that. Or BRUUUUUCE's part.

I thought Barbara Streisand was good, and I like Pink. However, Pink was overpowered in this song.

Other than that, it was complete sh*t. It sounded like a clash of pop stars, and not an actual song. And that kid who opened the song was tuneless, he really sucked. :doh:

Michael Jackson is probably rolling over in his grave.

Back
Top Bottom