Avril Lavigne Mergathon/What REALLY caused Avril Lavigne’s career to go downhill? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #76
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,051
Local Time: 09:20 AM
My opinion in these matters is irrelevant, really, because while I'm happy to admit that many of these pop stars have put out singles I've enjoyed, I have never, ever listened to an entire album and I never plan to. It's not my music.
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 05-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #77
War Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 705
Local Time: 06:20 PM
Hey, guys. I just want to clear something up.

I've seen threads here discussing Britney Spears and Taylor Swift. So I decided to start one about Avril Lavigne. After all- Avril IS a mirror image of Britney.

I just didn't expect all this vindictiveness and humiliation.
__________________

__________________
HBK-79 is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 09:20 AM
Avril the mirror image of Britney? Britney came out of Pop and always has been since she relies on dance moves and repetitive heavy breathing, where as Avril came out of *cough* punk*cough Punk-Popish. I'd give Avril props for actually being able to play a musical instrument.
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #79
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK-79
Hey, guys. I just want to clear something up.

I've seen threads here discussing Britney Spears and Taylor Swift. So I decided to start one about Avril Lavigne. After all- Avril IS a mirror image of Britney.

I just didn't expect all this vindictiveness and humiliation.
Wait, what? What are you trying to say?
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,014
Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK-79 View Post
I just didn't expect all this vindictiveness and humiliation.
Where? I haven't seen any of that in the thread.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #81
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,735
Local Time: 02:20 PM
I thought taking to Google to see if he'd ever gone anywhere else with the same question was unnecessary and a little mean, since it was just going to lead to mocking. (Sorry, Khan.)

I'm guessing that's what the OP is reacting to, because everything else is pretty low-key and not even full of LOLAVRIL comments. (Which, frankly, was a pleasant surprise. ) A bit off-topic, but since when DO we have a completely on-topic thread around here? Ha.
__________________
corianderstem is online now  
Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #82
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 04:20 PM
i totally understand, and i honestly didn't want to start any mocking or anything. sure, there's no rule against someone making the same thread here as anywhere else and there's nothing wrong with that, but since the last time this happened, any negative posts were collected and then posted elsewhere (in the hopes they'd talk shit about us? idk) seemed poor taste to me. it was mostly the pms posted - again there's no rule about posting them off-forum but it's extremely poor taste given they are private messages. i do honestly apologise hbk, i really didn't mean any maliciousness or anything.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #83
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,735
Local Time: 02:20 PM
Oh yeah, totally re posting private PMs. Wasn't that a thread about Pink where that happened? Or are there more shenanigans I was unaware of?
__________________
corianderstem is online now  
Old 05-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 06:20 PM
I don't know which of her her albums it comes from, but Complicated was always one of my favorite songs when I was younger. I still sing to it when it comes on the radio. :3


_________________
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
nirniva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Da U.P., eh?
Posts: 4,459
Local Time: 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
I don't know which of her her albums it comes from, but Complicated was always one of my favorite songs when I was younger. I still sing to it when it comes on the radio. :3
And now it's stuck in my head. Thanks, Canadiens!

__________________
nirniva is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 01:55 AM   #86
War Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 705
Local Time: 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
She really canned the whole tour?
It's up in the air. Kind of like how U2 won't let on regarding whether or not Moncton is final show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Avril the mirror image of Britney? Britney came out of Pop and always has been since she relies on dance moves and repetitive heavy breathing, where as Avril came out of *cough* punk*cough Punk-Popish. I'd give Avril props for actually being able to play a musical instrument.
If you watch the music video for her massive hit Girlfriend, you'll see Avril all Britney-ized. That's when all her fans went like this-



Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I thought taking to Google to see if he'd ever gone anywhere else with the same question was unnecessary and a little mean, since it was just going to lead to mocking. (Sorry, Khan.)

I'm guessing that's what the OP is reacting to, because everything else is pretty low-key and not even full of LOLAVRIL comments.
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i totally understand, and i honestly didn't want to start any mocking or anything. sure, there's no rule against someone making the same thread here as anywhere else and there's nothing wrong with that, but since the last time this happened, any negative posts were collected and then posted elsewhere (in the hopes they'd talk shit about us? idk) seemed poor taste to me. it was mostly the pms posted - again there's no rule about posting them off-forum but it's extremely poor taste given they are private messages. i do honestly apologise hbk, i really didn't mean any maliciousness or anything.
Thank you, Khan.

If you want to know the truth, I just wanted to get two sets of commentary. One from an older crowd (Interference) and another from a younger crowd. That Disney forum is the only site that I could (kind of) "connect" with (I used to watch Lizzie McGuire, okay?) I figured that the younger crowd would support Avril. It turns out that they don't really listen to her.

I just felt uncomfortable with your initial post. That's when the feeding frenzy began with the other Interferencers. It was like high school all over again.

However, I don't understand the part about 'posting PMs on other sites'. Whenever I receive a PM, I usually immediately delete it upon reading it. Just PM me if you want to discuss this issue further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Oh yeah, totally re posting private PMs. Wasn't that a thread about Pink where that happened? Or are there more shenanigans I was unaware of?
I really don't know. I thought we Interferencers had stopped talking about Pink ages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
I don't know which of her her albums it comes from, but Complicated was always one of my favorite songs when I was younger. I still sing to it when it comes on the radio. :3
Complicated was from her debut album. I actually don't like that song too much. She didn't even write it.

I suggest listening to her later hits or even some of her non-single tracks. I'm With You, Anything But Ordinary, Tomorrow, Losing Grip, Why, Get Over It, Don't Tell Me, My Happy Ending, How Does It Feel, Nobody's Home, Fall To Pieces, Who Knows, Keep Holding On, When You're Gone, Innocence, What The Hell, and Alice would all be worth a listen. She co-wrote all of them.

But I recommend that you don't listen to Girlfriend or Sk8er Boi. They'll make you run away.



Overall, I can just say one thing- At least Avril's doing better than Christina Aguilera.
__________________
HBK-79 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #87
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 02:20 PM
What...feeding frenzy? I really didn't see anything like that happen. It was like five posts...


And Avril bigger than Christina is debatable.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #88
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,735
Local Time: 02:20 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't say Avril's doing better. They both had disappointing albums, tour issues, but Christina is one of the stars of a new hit TV show, so she's got that going for her.
__________________
corianderstem is online now  
Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #89
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 05:20 PM
She's also about a million times more talented and hotter, so there's that.
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #90
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 04:20 PM
What do looks have to do with it, gvox?
__________________

__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com