Avril Lavigne Mergathon/What REALLY caused Avril Lavigne’s career to go downhill? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #76
45:33

Local Time: 09:20 AM
My opinion in these matters is irrelevant, really, because while I'm happy to admit that many of these pop stars have put out singles I've enjoyed, I have never, ever listened to an entire album and I never plan to. It's not my music.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #77
War Child

Local Time: 06:20 PM
Hey, guys. I just want to clear something up.

I've seen threads here discussing Britney Spears and Taylor Swift. So I decided to start one about Avril Lavigne. After all- Avril IS a mirror image of Britney.

I just didn't expect all this vindictiveness and humiliation.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:20 AM
Avril the mirror image of Britney? Britney came out of Pop and always has been since she relies on dance moves and repetitive heavy breathing, where as Avril came out of *cough* punk*cough Punk-Popish. I'd give Avril props for actually being able to play a musical instrument.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #79
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK-79
Hey, guys. I just want to clear something up.

I've seen threads here discussing Britney Spears and Taylor Swift. So I decided to start one about Avril Lavigne. After all- Avril IS a mirror image of Britney.

Wait, what? What are you trying to say?
Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK-79 View Post
Where? I haven't seen any of that in the thread.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #81
Blue Crack Distributor

I thought taking to Google to see if he'd ever gone anywhere else with the same question was unnecessary and a little mean, since it was just going to lead to mocking. (Sorry, Khan.)

I'm guessing that's what the OP is reacting to, because everything else is pretty low-key and not even full of LOLAVRIL comments. (Which, frankly, was a pleasant surprise. ) A bit off-topic, but since when DO we have a completely on-topic thread around here? Ha.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #82
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:20 PM
i totally understand, and i honestly didn't want to start any mocking or anything. sure, there's no rule against someone making the same thread here as anywhere else and there's nothing wrong with that, but since the last time this happened, any negative posts were collected and then posted elsewhere (in the hopes they'd talk shit about us? idk) seemed poor taste to me. it was mostly the pms posted - again there's no rule about posting them off-forum but it's extremely poor taste given they are private messages. i do honestly apologise hbk, i really didn't mean any maliciousness or anything.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #83
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh yeah, totally re posting private PMs. Wasn't that a thread about Pink where that happened? Or are there more shenanigans I was unaware of?
Old 05-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't know which of her her albums it comes from, but Complicated was always one of my favorite songs when I was younger. I still sing to it when it comes on the radio. :3

Old 05-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
I don't know which of her her albums it comes from, but Complicated was always one of my favorite songs when I was younger. I still sing to it when it comes on the radio. :3
And now it's stuck in my head. Thanks, Canadiens!

Old 05-11-2011, 01:55 AM   #86
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
She really canned the whole tour?
It's up in the air. Kind of like how U2 won't let on regarding whether or not Moncton is final show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Avril the mirror image of Britney? Britney came out of Pop and always has been since she relies on dance moves and repetitive heavy breathing, where as Avril came out of *cough* punk*cough Punk-Popish. I'd give Avril props for actually being able to play a musical instrument.
If you watch the music video for her massive hit Girlfriend, you'll see Avril all Britney-ized. That's when all her fans went like this-

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I thought taking to Google to see if he'd ever gone anywhere else with the same question was unnecessary and a little mean, since it was just going to lead to mocking. (Sorry, Khan.)

I'm guessing that's what the OP is reacting to, because everything else is pretty low-key and not even full of LOLAVRIL comments.
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i totally understand, and i honestly didn't want to start any mocking or anything. sure, there's no rule against someone making the same thread here as anywhere else and there's nothing wrong with that, but since the last time this happened, any negative posts were collected and then posted elsewhere (in the hopes they'd talk shit about us? idk) seemed poor taste to me. it was mostly the pms posted - again there's no rule about posting them off-forum but it's extremely poor taste given they are private messages. i do honestly apologise hbk, i really didn't mean any maliciousness or anything.
Thank you, Khan.

If you want to know the truth, I just wanted to get two sets of commentary. One from an older crowd (Interference) and another from a younger crowd. That Disney forum is the only site that I could (kind of) "connect" with (I used to watch Lizzie McGuire, okay?) I figured that the younger crowd would support Avril. It turns out that they don't really listen to her.

I just felt uncomfortable with your initial post. That's when the feeding frenzy began with the other Interferencers. It was like high school all over again.

However, I don't understand the part about 'posting PMs on other sites'. Whenever I receive a PM, I usually immediately delete it upon reading it. Just PM me if you want to discuss this issue further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Oh yeah, totally re posting private PMs. Wasn't that a thread about Pink where that happened? Or are there more shenanigans I was unaware of?
I really don't know. I thought we Interferencers had stopped talking about Pink ages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
Complicated was from her debut album. I actually don't like that song too much. She didn't even write it.

I suggest listening to her later hits or even some of her non-single tracks. I'm With You, Anything But Ordinary, Tomorrow, Losing Grip, Why, Get Over It, Don't Tell Me, My Happy Ending, How Does It Feel, Nobody's Home, Fall To Pieces, Who Knows, Keep Holding On, When You're Gone, Innocence, What The Hell, and Alice would all be worth a listen. She co-wrote all of them.

But I recommend that you don't listen to Girlfriend or Sk8er Boi. They'll make you run away.

Overall, I can just say one thing- At least Avril's doing better than Christina Aguilera.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #87
Blue Crack Distributor

What...feeding frenzy? I really didn't see anything like that happen. It was like five posts...

And Avril bigger than Christina is debatable.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #88
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, I wouldn't say Avril's doing better. They both had disappointing albums, tour issues, but Christina is one of the stars of a new hit TV show, so she's got that going for her.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #89
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 05:20 PM
She's also about a million times more talented and hotter, so there's that.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 05-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 PM
What do looks have to do with it, gvox?