Avril Lavigne Mergathon/What REALLY caused Avril Lavigne’s career to go downhill? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 04:53 AM
Did half of this thread just disappear?

There ya go!

Old 01-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:53 PM
Avril Lavigne. What The Hell?

Avril's back, y'all. The lead single off of her new album is called "What The Hell" and it was debuted last night. It has a BIG hook, catchy as hell, and is going to be all over the radio and a massive hit for her. That's a GAF guarantee. You heard it here first.

Anyway, I've had a crush on this girl (and simultaneously liked her music, for the most part) for about 8 or 9 years now, and I'm really happy that she's still going for it and having success.

Also, apparently the rest of the album is not as poppy (for lack of a better word right now) as What The Hell, and is more acoustic guitar driven, which I believe to be her strong suit, so take that for it's worth.

YouTube - Avril Lavigne "What The Hell" Live on Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve (Dec 31, 2010) AVRIL-L.ORG

Old 01-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:53 AM
She makes good choices of which songwriters to choose to help her write. Katy Perry being one of them, before she set out on her solo jaunt.

My only nitpick would be the nigh impossible without auto-tune chorus bit at 1:08, but I guess we all know they use guide vocals live these days most of the time, so who cares really.

Seems prepped and ready to slot into the cruise ship / good times / Bar Mitzvah DJ playlist right before 'I Got a Feeling'.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
She makes good choices of which songwriters to choose to help her write.
Yup. Max Martin to the rescue, once again.

This song is fucking dope. This is my jam. Avril comes HARD right out of the gates in 2011. Knockin em dead.

I think I might be a bit too excited about this, and I should probably drink some water and relax and watch football. But, fuck it, it's January 1 and Avril owns my computer speakers right now. And my heart.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:53 PM
"What the hell?" was exactly my reaction when she married that little troll from Sum-41, and when I recently found out she was dating Brody Jenner.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 12:53 AM
Avril Lavigne to release new album ‘Goodbye Lullaby’

Yes guys- She still exists. After an exceedingly long delay, Avril is releasing her fourth album on March 8, 2011. It is the follow-up to her 2007 album The Best Damn Thing. The album has been finished since 2009, and it was originally slated to be released sometime last year. However, Avril’s record label decided to hold off on its release due to a heavy amount of competition from other female artists- Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Kesha, etc.

The official title of Avril’s fourth album is Goodbye Lullaby.

From what I’ve heard, Avril’s new album is supposed to be her back-to-basics album. A representation of a more “mature, revamped Avril Lavigne”. A collection of personal, introspective songs- much like her first two albums. A departure from the cheesy, girly fun that was brought on by the pop-culture abomination known as Girlfriend.

The following clip *could* be an indication of what her new album *might* be like.

YouTube - Avril Lavigne - Official 'Alice (Underground)' Music Video (HQ)

I certainly hope that what I’ve heard is true, and that Avril’s new album isn’t simply a rehashing of her last album. But considering how Max Martin has had his fingerprints on the new album, there are quite a few doubts in the back of my mind.

Regardless of what it is going to sound like, I also hope that Avril’s new album doesn’t ultimately tank like Christina Aguilera’s did last year. But then again, the landscape of the pop music world has changed dramatically since the last time Avril did anything. And there have been so many female artists (both new and old) achieving huge success during her absence from the music industry. If Avril wants to remain relevant and return to prominence, it won’t be hill- It will be a mountain. So I must admit that I have my reservations about Avril’s future.

That’s how I feel about Avril at this stage in her career- almost ten years since her debut. At least it’s something to hold me over until U2 comes back to North America.

Will 2011 be Avril’s year? We shall soon see.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

I never thought I'd see the day where there would be competing Avril threads started on the same day on Inteference.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ll-209127.html
Old 01-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

Ooh, I like this song.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Wow, did this really just happen?

I am completely baffled.

EDIT: Thanks for the merge, mods.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:53 PM
pink!

might give this a listen at some point soon.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

What just happened is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen on Interference.

Let me say, HBK-79, I love that you love Avril. She is a good looking and talented young woman, and those are the best kinds of people on Earth, and they deserve to be admired and appreciated.

I hope you like the new song.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #27
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

I saw Avril perform last night and my reaction was "What the Hell?" She's got a hit with this song though for sure
Old 01-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

I couldn't really hear the song last night while we were watching the show, but Avril looked like she couldn't give a shit during the performance of both it and "Girlfriend". Was very disappointed in the way she appeared to be mailing it in. Will give the song itself another listen though.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:53 PM
The song itself isn't too bad, and will no doubt be all over the radio in coming weeks.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Excellent bump. This is the jam.