Autre Ne Veut - Anxiety

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Pitchfork Best New Music award for the album and 2 Pitchfork Best New Track awards already. I'm enjoying it a great deal, I think many of you will as well (not you, IWB & Martha). Here's the PR release description of the album:

Anxiety is the full-length follow up to Autre Ne Veut's 2010 s/t debut. The influences range from David Byrne to Lee Scratch Perry, Laurie Anderson & Annie Lennox to Katy Perry & Rihanna. ANV's primary influence is karaoke- the solitary person singing along with their favorite song. In karaoke we get to be someone bigger than who we usually are. There are club bangers on Anxiety, for sure; "Counting" a cybernetic sea shanty tips its hat to Timbaland, and opening track "Play By Play" rolls out like a slowly evolving Top 40 operetta with nods to Dr. Luke and Patti LaBelle in equal measure.

Here are the two "Best New Track" songs:

Autre Ne Veut - Play By Play [Official Single] - YouTube

Autre Ne Veut - Counting [Official Single] - YouTube

Not wanting to sound like a dick or anything but here it goes - your own stance on the band is good enough to me. I always find this "Pitchfork Best New Music/Best New Track so it must be good" thing a bit silly.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion. The name intrigued me because I thought it was a French band at first, and I like me some French music. But I hardly have anything against Brooklyn music too. ;)

I do not hope that iYup, djerdap (though he sounds like a dick), and DB die violently.
I hope they die in the in their sleep.

I told you three days ago that this album was amazing and I was glad you recommended it.

It's my 4th or 5th favorite this year so far.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to illegally download the shit out of this one! :wave:

Hmm... not bad. I quite enjoy the way both tracks end. Might check out the album.

If it got two best new tracks and a BNM for the album it must have been streaming on p4k advance.

Yeah, I smell conflict of interest, but I'm still loving the Foxygen album and I think this one will grow on me as well.

I'm just trying to figure out where the smell is coming from. I suppose it's the idea of Pitchfork giving albums BNM in exchange for exclusive stream rights.

Well, would you guys say that either of those were undeserving of the BNM tag?

It wasn't just two albums:

Autre Ne Veut
Iceage
Foxygen

Were all BNM'd and Streamed. They've only given 5 albums BNMs so far this year and one of them was MBV.

But, honestly, they've streamed, what? 20 albums now? Only 3 of them got BNM (not counting this week's streams).

The three albums you mentioned have been very positively reviewed elsewhere as well, so it's not as though they are picking things out of left field. If they give BNM to the next Kings of Leon album after streaming it, then we'll know there is a conspiracy afoot.

By the way, Mofo, what the hell is up with you continuously, blatantly recommending bands that start with "Aut"?

giv it a rest

It's a life style choice, and I think you should be more accepting of it. Get ready for my next thread....

geneAUTRYrudolph.jpg

Although I'm really not a fan of R&B whatsoever, this album is pretty good. Though I don't know if this album is technically R&B.

Back
Top Bottom