Australian music appreciation thread! - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-03-2007, 12:13 AM   #106
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
blueeyedgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bottom of the earth
Posts: 6,774
Local Time: 03:06 AM
On ya The Mansion is very nice, our work had our Christmas do there a few years ago. We got bussed in and out. We had free booze laid on.

And Anna, just read that Doc is touring with the Countdown Speccie 2. Him and Molly and JPY and Plastric Bertrand and Samantha Fox....
__________________

__________________
blueeyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:05 AM   #107
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04


I've decided I will go.


the hell??? dude thats like half a years income for a servo pleb

elton john ripping off the working class







__________________

__________________
mysterious_jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:39 AM   #108
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl
OK that's the first sign of the apocalypse - Elton in Wezza And I don't even have a reason to visit my mate in Wezza, cos he's moved to the salubrious surrounds of Point Cook Gee I miss Werribee Plaza.... :sarcasm smilie:
My sister just moved to Point Cook on the weekend!
She's now working at Werribee Zoo.
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:41 AM   #109
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl
On ya The Mansion is very nice, our work had our Christmas do there a few years ago. We got bussed in and out. We had free booze laid on.

And Anna, just read that Doc is touring with the Countdown Speccie 2. Him and Molly and JPY and Plastric Bertrand and Samantha Fox....
Plastic Bertrand!?! Oh man, I nearly choked on my Sara Lee struedel! Come on a bender with me! Let's go!
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:52 AM   #110
Cin
Blue Crack Addict
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Posts: 21,900
Local Time: 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem


Plastic Bertrand!?! Oh man, I nearly choked on my Sara Lee struedel! Come on a bender with me! Let's go!

Is he the king of the divan?
__________________
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Cute Irish Bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,979
Local Time: 11:36 AM
Ghostwriters were awesome at Live-Earth!
__________________
Cute Irish Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:41 PM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Cute Irish Bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,979
Local Time: 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
Poor Live Earth line-up in Shitney...Eskimo Joe, Ghostwriters and Crowded House saved it...
Ghostwriters. Do you know how I could get a C.D. of theirs? I cannot find it on Amazon or i-Tunes.
__________________
Cute Irish Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #113
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
blueeyedgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bottom of the earth
Posts: 6,774
Local Time: 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem


Plastic Bertrand!?! Oh man, I nearly choked on my Sara Lee struedel! Come on a bender with me! Let's go!


:grabs vodka ready to go:
__________________
blueeyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:45 AM   #114
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,039
Local Time: 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen




the hell??? dude thats like half a years income for a servo pleb

elton john ripping off the working class







:madhusband:



Nah I didn't go in the end. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.

Y'know I've earned like 5k so far in a year, and it's taken me all this time to finally save up to a grand.

:forgivenfornow:

Go cats
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:09 AM   #115
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,949
Local Time: 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04


:madhusband:



Nah I didn't go in the end. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.

Y'know I've earned like 5k so far in a year, and it's taken me all this time to finally save up to a grand.

:forgivenfornow:

Go cats
It probably should be more than 5K but because you're under 20, you are discriminated against and given a lesser wage per hour....

I can't help but feel a sense of guilt and anger at a society which pays me, a 21 year old $18.50 bucks an hour, while a 18 year old in the same job, doing the same amount of labour, gets paid a mere $15 odd. Disgraceful.
__________________
intedomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #116
asr
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 396
Local Time: 04:36 PM

AC/DC
INXS
__________________
asr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:28 AM   #117
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,039
Local Time: 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine


It probably should be more than 5K but because you're under 20, you are discriminated against and given a lesser wage per hour....

I can't help but feel a sense of guilt and anger at a society which pays me, a 21 year old $18.50 bucks an hour, while a 18 year old in the same job, doing the same amount of labour, gets paid a mere $15 odd. Disgraceful.
Best to do is just move on with it I guess. I'm not too fussed really. I get $116 a week, which is incredible in my eyes. I went from like five bucks pocket money whenever I asked for it to over $100 a week! I was stoked! I never saw $100 in a week except for birthdays.
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:41 AM   #118
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

I can't help but feel a sense of guilt and anger at a society which pays me, a 21 year old $18.50 bucks an hour, while a 18 year old in the same job, doing the same amount of labour, gets paid a mere $15 odd. Disgraceful.
You want disgraceful, the US minimum wage is $5.85 per hour (that just went into effect in July) although several states have higher minimum wages (Washington state has the highest at $7.93). Tipped labour, such as waitressing, can be paid as little as $2.13 per hour as they are expected to make the rest of the amount in tips.

Makes that "mere $15 odd" -- even accounting for currency exchange rates -- look fabulous.
__________________
indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:50 AM   #119
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,039
Local Time: 03:36 AM
$2.13 and hour???

Wow.

I'll never complain again!
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:16 AM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,949
Local Time: 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra


You want disgraceful, the US minimum wage is $5.85 per hour (that just went into effect in July) although several states have higher minimum wages (Washington state has the highest at $7.93). Tipped labour, such as waitressing, can be paid as little as $2.13 per hour as they are expected to make the rest of the amount in tips.

Makes that "mere $15 odd" -- even accounting for currency exchange rates -- look fabulous.
Shocking. I don't know how they can get away with that over there.

I always made sure I generously tipped the tipped laboourers whne I was in the US.

My qualm however, was with people being paid less merely because they happen to be younger than their fellow workers.

Ageism is rampant in our society.
__________________

__________________
intedomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
australian music

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com