Atoms for Peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't really say if douchebr0z are necessarily worse than bearded twats who just stand and occasionally nod their heads.

A few years ago I saw Sunset Rubdown and there was this alpha br0 next to me constantly woo-ing and high fiving after like every song (how did this guy even find the band? does Spencer Krug post videos to CollegeHumor?) But the guy was genuinely enjoying himself and shouting along the lyrics (surprisingly he knew all the songs) which is more than I can say for the vast majority of the crowd who didn't seem to give a shit.

What I always wonder is, if we're getting all these br0z at Radiohead shows, what strain of superdouche is in the crowd at Kings of Leon or *shudder* Nickelback?

This is a bizarre concept I'm not sure how to wrap my head around.

The Young Dubliners are the only band I've seen drunk, and you'd think generic, Pogues-type Irish music would be better that way, but it wasn't. And the bus ride home was miserable. Iyup wasn't posting constantly throughout the concert, but the people who 1) try to soundhound or shazaam every song are annoying 2) clearly are tweeting or Facebook posting every 2 min suck at life 3) record yet more shitty phone versions of entire songs to post on YouTube would deserve a curbstomping.

And db is clearly more badass than all of us.

Now that I've had some time to process last night, that show has to be one of the best I've seen in years. Don't miss this tour if you can help it.

Yeah. That's my workplace too. I'm in the office right now listening to soundcheck. This is been a whirlwind of a day.

lucky bastard!

I just got home from Marfa so hopefully I can watch the webcast. Get that shit together, imp.

Shit I wish I'd read that earlier. Tuned in right for the start of Default. This is some motherfucking badass shit. Holy hell.

Dancing Thom has found his kindred spirit in Flea.

rabbit in your headlights was amazing
:drool:

where are the other fools who should be watching this with us?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm shaking in my boots over starting a new job tomorrow morning. That and I didn't see there was some kind of web stream until 10 or 15 mins ago.

That was one of the weirdest, most stressful days, but the show made up everything. Glad you guys got to see it.

I was the listening at work so didn't get to see much, and the stream kept buffering, but it still sounded awesome. Why so weird/stressful?

The show was booked/confirmed at about 3:30, which is right when I got home from visiting Dallas over the weekend. So I had to go down to the venue and sort of pull odd jobs since we were obviously short staffed with it being so last minute.

I was at this secret show and words can't even describe how fucking awesome it was! I'm glad Mother Nature cancelled day three cuz this was so worth the 4 and a half hours waiting in line and paying 10 bucks . Saw their Fairfax show and this show had a million times more energy off the band and crowd! Not to mention the acoustics at ACL live are one of the best I have been to. We were up in the balcony with a great view. And seeing Thom in a skirt was cool, him and flea were Twinsies. :))

Cool. I probably put a wristband on your hand. I'm glad you enjoyed the venue so much.

Cool. I probably put a wristband on your hand. I'm glad you enjoyed the venue so much.

I danced my ass off the whole show! Crowd was loud and so into it no matter where they sat. This venue is the best to see a show. I won't hesitate to see a band there again if I get a chance.

Dropped kicked ass live!

You probably did. Lol

Back
Top Bottom