Atoms for Peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unless and Stuck Together Pieces just don't work for me. When I skip those two, the record just flows perfectly. The final track should have been 2 minutes longer; that ending just begs to be drawn out and get more epic.

The final track should have been 2 minutes longer; that ending just begs to be drawn out and get more epic.

My thoughts as well! I absolutely love that ending but I always get really pissed when it ends. I wonder if it will be extended in the live version.

It arrived. And it's gorgeous. But wasn't this shit supposed to come with a CD? Was gonna send it to my old man.

8iE2MQK.jpg

Download code here. Must be a US thing. I didn't give a shit about what the CD came in, but I told my dad it was his. I'll just buy him a copy.

Download code here. Must be a US thing. I didn't give a shit about what the CD came in, but I told my dad it was his. I'll just buy him a copy.

Nor do I... But I sleep easier knowing that the copy of Amok in my iTunes is now legal. Your dad seems cool. If I played Amok for my dad he'd say something like "what the fuck is the doof bleep shit I raised you better than this boy"

My dad likes the Eagles and Peter Frampton. :(

But my mom drove 5 hours to see a Flaming Lips gig so yeah, that balances things out.

Your dad seems cool. If I played Amok for my dad he'd say something like "what the fuck is the doof bleep shit I raised you better than this boy"

He's a huge Radiohead fan, so he was predictably excited about Atoms. Also digs MMJ, The National, Misty, and others. I owe being a huge music nut to him, so it's always nice when I can get him into stuff I like. Even sent him a Four Tet track the other day. "Quite good," he said. I was on a high after finding a new copy of Rounds for $15, so I sent him "Unspoken."

Dad won't listen to anything released after about 1991, mum 1989 (unless it's by The Eagles, Neil Diamond, Michael Buble or offensively inoffensive acoustic guitar/piano singer-songwriters).

I never even knew my father had opinions about music until a few months ago when he said he hates Bruce Springsteen. I always thought he just ignored music entirely until that point.

Back
Top Bottom