Atoms for Peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When Judge Jury Executioner was aired on the radio, the DJ said something to that effect. DB and I have joked about it since. For some reason I find it far funnier than I should. Maybe because I don't like Flea.

It was a female DJ, and she sounded like she was having sex in the booth while spinning records. That made it funnier.

EDIT: 3:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdc02AGKWpo

Hmm... I like it and will come back to it, but I think I let the hype after hearing Default go to my head. That's far and away the best track for mine, though most of them are pretty cool. Dropped rules, as I said above, Amok's good, the little repeated synth part in Ingenue reminds me of the stilted repeated guitar part in Eno's Sky Saw (anyone else?). However if I went in not knowing who Atoms for Peace was, I might have just guessed it was Thom Yorke and a producer, or just himself... would be nice to hear the others a bit more prominent. I don't think the bass lines are all that punishing.

Thom and Nigel did an AMA on reddit today - IAmA Atoms For Peace, Thom Yorke & Nigel Godrich AMA : IAmA

Reading and laughing at Thom's answers on the AMA. He's having the time of his life.

I didn't get to listen to the stream beyond the first song and when I finally got home it wasn't up anymore, but I loved that first song.

Listening to this album immediately after TKOL works really well. It sort of feels like a compliment even though it's not an actual Radiohead album.

XL still hasn't shipped my deluxe LP. I'm getting impatient. Damn stream temptation.

Was streaming this at work yesterday and when Default ended I could hear clapping... I turn around and every single member of workplace was listening intently to a presentation on some technical changes about to take place.

No better way to show your commitment to your company than to have your back turned with earphones in.

Was streaming this at work yesterday and when Default ended I could hear clapping... I turn around and every single member of workplace was listening intently to a presentation on some technical changes about to take place.

No better way to show your commitment to your company than to have your back turned with earphones in.

They actually announced that they are firing you.

Well, after first listening, Amok is by far and away the best track here. We'll see how it goes, although I did expect more of a band effort than a Thom Yorke record this time around. I'm pretty sure all of this will sound much better live, just like The Eraser did.

Listening to the download I received this morning. Nice way to start a snowy Monday.

I have to wait until tomorrow, so ordering from the label / band site was a win.

Back
Top Bottom