Atoms for Peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously though, I don't get it. If you really are excited about the album, or a fan of the artists, why promote the piracy of it? Why go out of your way to tell people it's available to steal?

I only got around to the preorder this morning since I spent the last week doing damage control from the break-in. :angry: They were sold out of the basic CD so I was forced to upgrade. I guess by the time I get my copy you guys will be done discussing it.

Can you cancel it and order it from Amazon? The deluxe version is only $11.88 there, and has release day delivery.

Seriously though, I don't get it. If you really are excited about the album, or a fan of the artists, why promote the piracy of it? Why go out of your way to tell people it's available to steal?

Because they could be dead in a week as well.

The awesome artwork/package design was the one redeeming quality about The Eraser, so I suppose that's a good argument for buying this thing.

Guess I'm the only one not blown away on first listen. It's OK. Sounds a lot like the Eraser, but the melodies aren't as colourful. Stuck Together Pieces is my favorite because Flea gets to do something.

Hopefully it grows on me. It's a Thom Yorke project, so I'll listen to it a billion times either way.

Guess I'm the only one not blown away on first listen. It's OK. Sounds a lot like the Eraser, but the melodies aren't as colourful. Stuck Together Pieces is my favorite because Flea gets to do something.

Hopefully it grows on me. It's a Thom Yorke project, so I'll listen to it a billion times either way.

I wasn't blown away on first listen either. It really sunk in the third.

That's good to hear.

I'd heard like a combined 5 minutes of music from these guys prior to hearing Amok, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that we basically have a new Thom Yorke solo album here. I didn't know what to expect at all.

From what I remember, The Eraser wasn't an immediate "love" for many people when it released either.

When Judge Jury Executioner was aired on the radio, the DJ said something to that effect. DB and I have joked about it since. For some reason I find it far funnier than I should. Maybe because I don't like Flea.

Back
Top Bottom