Atoms for Peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Thom seems so much happier since he decided he was gonna dance all the time.

2. Thom Yorke stole my dance moves.

3. I thought that chick was Lizzie Caplan for half a second (I'm watching on my phone, small screen). I got extremely excited.

1. Thom seems so much happier since he decided he was gonna dance all the time.

Flynt Flossy taught him a new way to live.

flynt-flossy-o.gif

I laugh now, but later's not so easy.

I've basically got that song on repeat right now. Not sure why I didn't pay more attention to it earlier.

I listened to The Eraser for the first time since I don't know when yesterday. I have to say I like it better than Amok. Thom may be better at doing this electronic thing now than he was then, but that doesn't mean the songs are better. Amok is very nice, but a bit one-dimensional. The Eraser just has more variety.

And the title track and Cymbal Rush especially.

I has only one bad song, Atoms for Peace. Good idea naming your band after your worst song.

What about that song that plays at the end of The Prestige? What about it?

I just feel Thom's having a hard time writing memorable lyrics these days. That's really the only slight I have against King of Limbs and this album. The music is great, but there are only a couple tracks I could tell you a single lyric from.

The standard cd packaging is pretty cheap as well. Pretty much just a piece of thick paper that folds over. No booklet.

I just feel Thom's having a hard time writing memorable lyrics these days. That's really the only slight I have against King of Limbs and this album. The music is great, but there are only a couple tracks I could tell you a single lyric from.

Analyze, was that the name? I know the one in question, and it's one of my favourites on the Eraser.

He's certainly becoming more impressionistic. To me that's a very good thing; Codex is a gorgeous lyric, for example, as is Give up the Ghost.

Yeah, Codex has beautifully evocative lyrics, for me. The water's clear and innocent. Also dig the lyric in Separator. The Daily Mail has badass lyrics, and I wish it would have made the album proper. But maybe my favorite moment lyrically on KOL is in Lotus Flower:

We will shrink and we'll be quiet as mice
And while the cat is away
Do what we want

Love that shit. That's my jam. Those lines have popped into my head a lot over the last couple of years.

Just half an hour actually. Saw Bloc Party there.

Unfortunately I'm on holidays then, so it will be too far to travel. :down:

I think amok is a very good effort. Like it's been said, it's more of a Thom solo album than anything...but it is still very good.

That's almost as good as the one Jive posts occasionally of the BDSM guy thrusting into the air.

Anyway, I really like Ingenue.

What in the hell could he have possibly been doing for that to have occurred?

I mean...besides the obvious.

It's from a fight this weekend. He'd been inadvertently kicked in the nuts. Apparently that's his fix.

Back
Top Bottom