Atoms for Peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a ticket to the Brooklyn show next weekend that I can't use if anyone is interested in it.

I had a ticket for the DC show that I'm not going to be able to attend either. :sad:

tumblr_mto3a46d941r9wwcdo1_500.png

And I'm not even part of it this time!

Really disappointed that I haven't had an opportunity to see them yet. I'm guessing they won't be on the festival circuit in 2014. Probably getting the follow up to King of Lames instead.

Why do people come to concerts just to drink Heinekens and yell at their bloated friends all night? I hate that shit.

Duuuuuuuude FLEA is gonna be on that stage brah

Motherfucking FLEA

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudeeee

Why do people come to concerts just to drink Heinekens and yell at their bloated friends all night? I hate that shit.

I wonder if they're saying the same thing about people who come to concerts just to stare at their phones and post on internet message boards.

Douchebaggery aside, how was the show? I unfortunately saw the setlist from the DC show I was supposed to have been at, and wanted to cry.

Douchebaggery aside, how was the show? I unfortunately saw the setlist from the DC show I was supposed to have been at, and wanted to cry.

Great and a lot of fun. As mentioned above, Flea was totally bad-ass - looked like he and Thom were really enjoying themselves. One of my favorite Thom songs, Radiohead included, is Cymbal Rush; they played a ripping version of that with a super-intense coda. Ingenue was another highlight: it had the piano in the lead, which makes it especially gorgeous.

I can't really say if douchebr0z are necessarily worse than bearded twats who just stand and occasionally nod their heads.

A few years ago I saw Sunset Rubdown and there was this alpha br0 next to me constantly woo-ing and high fiving after like every song (how did this guy even find the band? does Spencer Krug post videos to CollegeHumor?) But the guy was genuinely enjoying himself and shouting along the lyrics (surprisingly he knew all the songs) which is more than I can say for the vast majority of the crowd who didn't seem to give a shit.

What I always wonder is, if we're getting all these br0z at Radiohead shows, what strain of superdouche is in the crowd at Kings of Leon or *shudder* Nickelback?

I was overly hard on the crowd, probably because I stood in a line for 45 minutes that I didn't have to stand in. The crowd was really into the show once it started. I'll just never understand why beer is so important that you need to miss substantial parts of the show standing in line waiting to get one, or two, or three, or however many.

This. And can someone explain to me the compulsion to get completely black-out drunk so that you will never remember the concert afterwards?
Well black-out-drunk is probably taking it one step too far but I do believe being drunk can enhance certain concert experiences. I didn't believe that until I saw The Flaming Lips this year whilst being pretty drunk. It was pure bliss. And I can still kind of remember how it went.

Back
Top Bottom