Athlete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hey,
Is anyone here a fan of Athlete? I like the song "The Unknown," but I've not heard anything else. Is most of their music in the same general style as that song?

Only know a few of their songs. Wires was brilliant, love the vocals, something intriguingly awkward about it, but it works. I bought that on single a few years back, had a decent b-side as well. The album Wires was from, Tourist, would have been the first album I'd have owned of theirs, had I persevered.

I've heard a few other songs, mainly singles like Hurricane and You Got The Style. They're OK, but much maligned by critics for being too Coldplayesque, and a poor man's version.

Only know a few of their songs. Wires was brilliant, love the vocals, something intriguingly awkward about it, but it works. I bought that on single a few years back, had a decent b-side as well. The album Wires was from, Tourist, would have been the first album I'd have owned of theirs, had I persevered.

I've heard a few other songs, mainly singles like Hurricane and You Got The Style. They're OK, but much maligned by critics for being too Coldplayesque, and a poor man's version.

Thanks for the info. I've heard clips on Amazon, but I can tell only so much from small clips. It's nice to hear from someone who has heard songs in their entirety.

From the one song I've heard, I like them much better than Coldplay.

Back
Top Bottom