Artists with only one great song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate it when I search the phrase "In The Meantime" on YouTube to find Helmet song but the website instead suggests me listening to this Spacehog shit

I don't know what's more insane, saying that My Girls is Animal Collective's best song (it's not even the best on MPP) or saying that the rest of the Knife's songs are so bad you wonder how Heartbeats was made. Both those bands have several albums that are better than the best of U2's last 20 years.

I love Heartbeats and listened to other stuff by The Knife ... didn't care for any of it.

#TeamHeartbeats

Fracking Fluid Injection.

But seriously, Silent Shout (the song) is top shelf. The Fever Ray project has some great tracks as well.

This is different from one-hit-wonders, as this is not so much about an artist's charting ability, but more so an artist's inability to write songs as "great" as their greatest song.

It could be a one hit wonder, if they released one song you loved, this prompted you to go and listen to more of their stuff, and thought that everything else they wrote didn't interest you the slightest.

Puddle of Mudd had Blurry, I couldn't be arsed with anything else they released from that album or later singles.

LCD Soundsystem is an odd one for me. I adore Someone Great, but everything else on the album didn't really do anything for me. I rarely revisited back to Sound of Silver, bar that one song.

This is different from one-hit-wonders, as this is not so much about an artist's charting ability, but more so an artist's inability to write songs as "great" as their greatest song.

It could be a one hit wonder, if they released one song you loved, this prompted you to go and listen to more of their stuff, and thought that everything else they wrote didn't interest you the slightest.

Puddle of Mudd had Blurry, I couldn't be arsed with anything else they released from that album or later singles.

LCD Soundsystem is an odd one for me. I adore Someone Great, but everything else on the album didn't really do anything for me. I rarely revisited back to Sound of Silver, bar that one song.

I agree with the understanding of the premise of the topic - hence why I thought of The Knife.

In regards to LCD Soundsystem, you'll hear varying opinions, but you should revisit All My Friends, because it's their best song. Also, I Can Change.

Get Innocuous! Dance Yrself Clean, Daft Punk... just off the top of my head of what others might include there.

Back
Top Bottom