Artist League Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All my nominations made it, except for John Frusciante, who somehow, someway, lost to Britney Spears.

Being in the second row is best at a concert, you're close enough to see great but can dance around too without hitting a barrier

Also getting crushed in a pit makes you love a song, it's true happened to me at Battles

Getting crushed in a pit made me hate that drunk woman a great deal.

Great, my major picks all made it in... but they're in the same category. This is DI all over again.

That sucks....I like Frusciante a lot (Have all his solo stuff on my Itunes)...Beav or I should have nominated him.....

I have To Record Only Water for Ten Days, Shadows Collide with People, DC EP, and The Will to Death. I really like the latter three, though I'm not a big fan of To Record Only Water because of the vocal sound on it.

I hope no one counts out The Rolling Stones so quickly... their albums from the late '60s going into the mid '70s are absolutely fantastic. I defy anyone to think of 2 more bands that match the combo of Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile on Main Street (besides The Beatles or Pink Floyd).

I know music's all subjective, but yeah... it's really not in this case, unless you're an idiot and disagree.

This is awesome, just realised there is no KinKs in the competition which is difficult for me to accept (shoulda voted for 'em), but bring on the matches.

I derive probably too much pleasure out of the fact that we are discussing Sugababes right now.

I'll join in on the fun and provide a link to my favorite song of theirs (I believe it was number 1 in the UK for something like 2 whole months last year)...

YouTube - SUGABABES - About you now ( OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)

By the way, I've always thought it strange that a song can be THAT popular in the UK and simultaneously be never heard of in the US.

Weird. Not that it really matters. Fuck it.

Another BTW, Girls Aloud kick the Sugababes asses! Both in real life and on the music charts!!! Hahaha yes!

Stupid n00b question time... What if I know one band in a match but not the other? Does that still make it 0-0, or would it be 0-whatever I think of the band I know?

:reject:

Stupid n00b question time... What if I know one band in a match but not the other? Does that still make it 0-0, or would it be 0-whatever I think of the band I know?

:reject:

I'd say it's up to you in the end. I'd say if it was a band you really liked against a band you really didn't know that you should go with the win for the band you like but if you're pretty impartial to one band and don't know the other a draw is probably best

Tough comp this gonna be.

Pink Floyd at home to U2 is an epic match.

Yup, U2 and Pink Floyd was changed to be the first match to give the league a big match to start it off and since U2 will probably win it in the end I felt they should get a tough start :wink:

And just to let everyone know at the end of the season the Third Division A & B will be split into a Third and Fourth Division; just an idea on how this will be split

1st and 2nd place in both leagues will move into the Championship
3rd to 10th in both leagues will stay in the third division
11th to 16th in both leagues will be in the new division four
17th to 20th will be out of the league completely
And nominations will run for eight new bands to enter the league

The reason I left it as an A & B this time was because the majority of the bands in it only had one nomination.

I'm kinda surprised at how much U2 are winning Pink Floyd by so far, I would of expected it to be really close

I blame the linesmen. :mad:

Listening to "Fearless" now...walk on, walk on with hope in your heart... :sad:

Pink Floyd should definitely not beat U2 (if only for their awkward pre-Meddle years that yielded very little material I go back to for enjoyment), but I'm a little sad that it's a blowout like this.

I think the funny thing is that in the Premiership matches all of the "away" bands are winning; maybe it's the start of a curse

Back
Top Bottom