Artist League Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
So after days of gruelling nominations, 80 bands have been chosen to compete in the first season of the Artist League. The Bands and Artists will be spread out over four divisions (The Premiership, Championship, and Third Division A & B), at the end of each season several bands will be promoted and relegated from each league.

How this will work is that each round every band will play a "match" against another band and this will carry on like this for the 19 rounds of each season. Rounds will be held three times a week on a Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday or a Monday, Wednesday and Friday; each round will run for 48 hours except the final one of each week which will run for 72 hours.

How matches will be played is like this; each person will give a match a score from anywhere between 0-0 and 3-3; a draw would be suited for when you don't know the bands or when you think they are equally good/bad; a win by one would mean you like someone a little better, a win by 2 would be like a lot better and a win of 3 would mean there was no competition between them.

Here is an example of how the system will work

Britney Spears vs Avril Lavigne 2 - 1 (Meaning I prefer Britney Spears over Avril Lavigne; read in to that as you will :wink:)
Bloc Party vs Morrissey 0 - 3 (Meaning I think there is no comparison between these two artists)
Van Halen vs New Order 1 - 3 (Meaning I prefer New Order greatly over Van Halen)

The results will be calculated by me adding up all the results; to give a final result for each match up which will be added to a table which will be posted in this thread at the end of every round.

And just to clear this up in case there is any confusion, anybody is allowed to give their results for the rounds regardless of whether or not they took part in the nominations or any previous rounds.

Another feature of each round will be a Highlighted Match this will be a randomly selected match from any of the four leagues. The Match selected will get a youtube video for each band featured in the post for the round, in an attempt to introduce people to new music and new bands.

If anyone has any questions about how this will work don't be afraid to ask.

And now for the tables...

PremiershipTable.jpg

ChampionshipLeagueTable.jpg

ThirdDivisionATable.jpg

ThirdDivisionBTable.jpg

Pulp and the Sex Pistols in the same division is blasphemy.

Oh, Britney Spears is in this? Cool. :hyper:

:wink:

Seriously though, I dont' want to be faced with the decision of finally facing off my love for both Bruce and U2 :yikes:

No, but seriously, fuck the Sex Pistols.

Awesome job on the charts. :rockon: I'm very much looking forward to this competition. I must have boring tastes, because 9 of my 10 choices made the cut. :lol:

Just means that you once listened to Stronger 50 times on repeat. :lol:

Stronger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Girlfriend :wink:

But that would mean...I love them EQUALLY! Think of the implications!

You might get accused of cheating on U2!!:shocked:

No, but seriously, fuck the Sex Pistols.

Awesome job on the charts. :rockon: I'm very much looking forward to this competition. I must have boring tastes, because 9 of my 10 choices made the cut. :lol:

Yeah Sex Pistols aren't too good...

I think all or at least most of my choices made the cut, which made me very happy :wink:

I don't think U2 have been my favorite band in about 5 years.

However, they are my favorite band still making music, which is something.

Worse...I might have to face the possible reality that U2 are no longer my favorite band.

:( sucks doesn't it?

I don't think U2 have been my favorite band in about 5 years.

However, they are my favorite band still making music, which is something.

I'm not sure if they're my favourite band still, I mean they're the band I've been the most obsessed with but...ask me after the new album.

Actually I'd probably say they're my favourite band overall but definitely not my current favourite

Worse...I might have to face the possible reality that U2 are no longer my favorite band.

See, for me, the difficult question is, Porcupine Tree vs U2, 3-2 or 3-1?

Must say I'm surprised PT made the premier league. That's awesome.

:( sucks doesn't it?

I'm not sure if they're my favourite band still, I mean they're the band I've been the most obsessed with but...ask me after the new album.

Actually I'd probably say they're my favourite band overall but definitely not my current favourite

I think maybe that's more what it is. They'll always be my favorite band. But right now? :uhoh:

Bruce may play for 25 hours straight, but U2 is still the best live act out there. This is an objective fact that I have observed.

Have you SEEN Bruce live? I know it's been a couple years now since I've seen U2, but even with them having been my first REAL concert (I went to a lot of Christian Music festivals before that :uhoh: ), I'm still not sure who was better.

Have you SEEN Bruce live? I know it's been a couple years now since I've seen U2, but even with them having been my first REAL concert (I went to a lot of Christian Music festivals before that :uhoh: ), I'm still not sure who was better.

No, does that matter? :wink:

Seriously, I could never enjoy a Springsteen concert as much as a U2 one, simply because I don't like his work nearly as much. It's not even close.

No, does that matter? :wink:

Seriously, I could never enjoy a Springsteen concert as much as a U2 one, simply because I don't like his work nearly as much. It's not even close.

Fair enough. The man definitely does not put on the actionfest of a show that U2 does though, I can easily admit that.

I really want to see U2 from the pit one day at the show I saw them at I was seating, while I was in the pit for Bruce...

I really want to see U2 from the pit one day at the show I saw them at I was seating, while I was in the pit for Bruce...

I wonder if being front row for Bruce had anything to do with my preference for that concert....over that whole, being 20 rows of people back at U2 and being 5'1"

I wonder if being front row for Bruce had anything to do with my preference for that concert....over that whole, being 20 rows of people back at U2 and being 5'1"

Being in the second row is best at a concert, you're close enough to see great but can dance around too without hitting a barrier

Also getting crushed in a pit makes you love a song, it's true happened to me at Battles

Back
Top Bottom