Arctic Monkeys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
YouTube - Arctic Monkeys - Brick By Brick

Cuz, go ahead, switch the style up. If ni#@as hate, then let 'em hate, and watch the money pile up.

This song is dope. Every fan knows Alex's affinity for the sort of retro sound...that '60s sound. This seems to be packing a number of influences from that era, as well as some more "current" guitar players, into one song, and it is hot. Quite a walk from the hyper-literate "teenagers in pubs" poetry that we saw on the first album.

What's great is that Alex doesn't even take lead vocal until like 2/3rds of the way through the song! God damn.

Things have changed. And they are glorious.

Right, though?

Have you heard any of their earlier shit, Dalton?

If you've heard their first album Whatever People Say I Am... and then listen to this, it's like...oh fuck. Excuse me. They done switched the style on everybody.

I mean, this was the most hyped band in the world four or five years ago, and their sound was power chords on top of power chords over syllable-packed lyrics about chasing girls in bars. It was a sort of manic style, even a bit punk rock. They sounded like a young English rock band (although they were doing it better than everyone else).

This shit is out of a bygone era. And it is FIRE.

hmm, not sure how I feel about this. I used to be a huge fan of them too. I guess you can't go on writing the same style for your whole career. Maybe this will grow on me, but the repetitiveness of it turns me off on first listen

Sounds like a sluggish Grinderman demo. Leave the stoner rock to the professionals. I didn't care for Humbug though, so no surprise that this slipped past me too.

The debut is still dope.

GirlsAloudFan said:
On the other hand, I'm completely sure how I feel about you, JT. You are awesome.

I used to be a huge fan of you, and I still am.

Aw, shucks. You sure know how to make a fella feel good about himself, Gaf. I think you're pretty swell too

Too many Bricks. The second verse to Crying Lightning had an amazing sense of rhythm with the melody working into the chorus, and I'm a little disappointed they've evidently dropped that focus of the music. I was also hoping they'd pick up something in the vein of If You Were There Beware or Do Me A Favour.

My favorite brick themed arctic monkeys song remains Old Yellow Bricks at this point in time

My favorite Arctic Monkeys album is still Favourite Worst Nightmare. I could listen to that album a dozen times in a row and love every minute.

I didn't care for Humbug though, so no surprise that this slipped past me too.

Me neither. When I saw them last time, I had such a horrible cold that I didn't enjoy the show. They're coming around here on a Friday night in June, but after listening to that new song, I might save my 50 bucks for something else.

Gaffer, I don't want to hate, but I don't like it.

They're mischievous, and have a cheeky sense of humor, and have always talked about giving a goofy, sort of off-color name to one of their albums. Looks like they finally did it.

A working title for their second album was Lesbian Wednesdays.

Hey Gaffer, It's starting to grow on me a little

Nice. I like it a lot. It's fun. I turned it up very loud today after I read the new album announcement and it rocked. It's certainly not anywhere near the best thing they've done. But it seems like a nice little appetizer for the new album. I know that not all the songs will be in similar fashion, because the song "Piledriver Waltz" that's on the album is also on Turner's solo EP, and it's nothing like "Brick by Brick." It's got the clever Turner turns of phrase that we've grown to love and everything.

I also may have gone a bit too far with the whole "style switch" thing. Yeah, it's a different sound (a lot of that having to do with the vocals) but the more I heard it the more I realized that it takes a logical progression from Humbug. I was drunk and excited the morning the song showed up, and got a bit ahead of myself.

I'm gonna try to PM a mod and have them change this thread title to Arctic Monkeys - Suck it and See, because I think it will be better for everyone involved.

Laz, do you like these guys? I don't think I've ever seen you mention them before on the board.

Yeah this song goes off batshit.

I loved Whatever... and even loved FWN, but only got 4 songs through the 3rd album and put it to the side.

This excites me

Arctic Monkeys are pleased to announce the release of 'Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair' as the first single from their new album 'Suck It and See'.

'Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair' will be available on an exclusive white label 7" backed with album track 'Brick by Brick' through independent retail outlets in support of Record Store Day on Saturday 16th April 2011. The single track will also be available digitally at midnight on Monday 11th April.

The single will also be available on 7", 10" and as a digital bundle on Monday 30th May, featuring brand new b-sides, that are exclusive to these formats.

Record Store Day 7"(RUG406)

1. Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
2. Brick by Brick

7"(RUG406S)

2. I.D.S.T

10"(RUG406T)/Digital Download(RUG406DI)

2. The Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap
3. I.D.S.T

The album, 'Suck It and See' is released on Domino on Monday 6th June 2011.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair? The Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap?

Good god. Cannot wait to hear this shit.

Mr. V, haven't seen you around too much lately, but I know that you're one of the only people on this board that is as huge a fan of these guys as I am, so I hope you stick around and help me get some action in this thread.

Also, I remember a poster called discothequeLP was a big fan, too. Haven't seen him/her around lately, either.

Anyway. Fuck yeah. Lead single in 11 days!

Back
Top Bottom