Arctic Monkeys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brand new professional band pic to go along wif the album announcement:

1016636_10151519251130967_490938654_n.jpg

A bit strange to have Alex on the far left. Fuck it, though. They all look great, especially Alex and Helders.

I like the Black Keys a lot but Do I Wanna Know is better than every song of theirs I know.

Disclaimer: I only have their last two albums.

He's not a Black Keys fan?

Not a fan, no. I just find them a little bit humorless. No doubt they can rock a little bit, and there are a few songs I dig. They're a tight, professional duo, and I can respect that. But, yeah, no love.

I know you were just comparing the one riff, but if we did have to compare the two bands overall I think it's no contest. Monkeys are ten times more fun and colorful and melodic, and Alex Turner is about 1,000,000 times the lyricist of whatever the fuck his name is in Black Keys. In fact, he's the best young lyricist in rock music today.

I like it. The new stuff seems quality. Arctic Monkeys are a good band. "I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor" was in my top ten best songs of last decade ( the naughties) so good, rockin and full of life.

Love this band. Love the three new songs though the first two were better than this new one.

I think I'm seeing them live because I accidentally found tickets in my girlfriend's back pack. I've honestly listened to their first album like once and didn't really care for it, but I hear their live show is great. Also, I really love Alex Turner's soundtrack to Submarine.

Album is shaping up well. Long overdue for a leak! Only 5 days until the Aussie release though, so won't be waiting too long.

So far have listened to:

Do i Wanna Know
R U mine?
One For the Road
Arabella
Why'd You Only....

Very very good so far. Mixes some Zep 70s, classic 50s, some cool falsetto just a really classy, clean, good mix of songs so far. It makes sense as an album as well. Looking forward to the rest.

Sounds good on first listen. Extremely cohesive. Some great hooks. They surely enjoy their falsetto's. Happy with this. So now we're at 5 very good albums...

Back
Top Bottom