Arctic Monkeys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Life happened, GAF, but when it comes to Alex Turner, my life can get fucked because he owns me and my asshole is his if he wants it.

Yeah, I said it.

Haha, I hear you.

Hope everything's going well.

This lead single on April 11 is now definitely the #1 thing on my music radar over the next few weeks.

One and a half hours.

From now.

"Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair."

Radio premiere.

Let's go.

I vividly remember doing this exact thing for the radio premiere of "Brianstorm." It had its premiere on Zane Lowe's Radio 1 show. So I tuned into the online radio stream, heard the song, loved it, immediately found a radio rip, and spent about an hour listening to it on repeat, trying to figure out exactly what the fuck Alex was saying. Crazy to think that was fucking four years ago. I'm still not sure I know 100% of the lyrics to "Brianstorm."

Anyway, there are really only a handful of bands in the world for whom I would stop what I'm doing and make sure I can tune in to the worldwide premiere of the new single.

I think the last time I did this was, maybe, "Get On Your Boots." That shit was at something like 3 in the morning, though. At least this is a more reasonable time.

nothing i'd want to listen to repeatedly, but i don't hate it. but then again, that's kind of what i've thought about any and all arctic monkeys i've heard thusfar--which has been very little out of general disinterest, and admittedly leaves me with no substantial reference point to base a discussion of what this switch of style might actually be. but it's certainly not bad.

This sounds way better than Brick by Brick. Now, which one sounds more like the rest of the album?

I'm not sure if either of them are going to end up being all that representative. Certainly not Brick By Brick, because that features Matt on lead vocal, and Alex takes lead on all the other tracks on the album.

Here's another track that will be on the album, and it's a bit more "lyrical," I suppose, than these other two tracks. Could give an idea of the diversity that will be on here. Also, this is just the Alex solo version, whereas the album version (that we haven't heard yet) will feature the rest of the band:

YouTube - Alex Turner - Piledriver Waltz - Submarine Soundtrack (6/6)

The band settled on "Suck It and See" as the title after debating between titles such as "The Rain-Shaped Shimmer Trap", "The Thunder-Suckle Fuzz Canyon", "The Blondo-Matic Rape Alarm", and "Thriller", according to the NME.

Oh, Alex. :heart:

The band settled on "Suck It and See" as the title after debating between titles such as "The Rain-Shaped Shimmer Trap", "The Thunder-Suckle Fuzz Canyon", "The Blondo-Matic Rape Alarm", and "Thriller", according to the NME.

Yeah, a couple of those are great. Thriller would have been pretty damn funny.

What do you think of the single?

Yeah I think it's pretty awesome. It's the sound of Brick by Brick but without the vacuous Helders-led lyrics. Go into business with a grizzly bear, but just don't sit down 'cause I've moved your chair. That's Alex Turner brilliance.

Damn. I hate seeing stuff like this because I like some of the other titles better. The Thunder-Suckle Fuzz Canyon would have been amazing.

Get the debut. It's absolutely crazy to me to think that there is an Arctic Monkeys fan in the world who hasn't heard Whatever People Say I Am...

It's an absolute must listen if you're into the band at all. It has the songs that everybody fell in love with, and it's what turned them into phenoms.

Hell, you might as well listen to all their shit. They only have four full-length studio albums. And get the Who The Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys? EP as well. And all like 40 of their B-sides and unreleased tracks. And the Last Shadow Puppets album. And the Submarine soundtrack.

"R U Mine" is pretty hot, by the way. I might like the video even more than the song, though. Seeing these guys live in about 16 days.

I think I've said this before, but I never realized how much I actually liked Humbug until very recently

See I never liked I Bet You Look Good all that much... found his delivery very abrasive. I only listened to this one on the back of strong reviews and promises of slower, more ballad-y type songs, Beatlesque moments, etc. I'll defs check it out.

Back
Top Bottom