Archive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Does anyone else listen to this group?

I came across one of their songs in a youtube video and decided to check them out. Can't believe they've been around for 16 years, and I'd never heard of them at all.

I've listened to Controlling Crowds (Part IV) quite a bit and am still making my way through their catalog.

Thoughts?

I came rushing in to say yes! I know them! But then I realized I was thinking of Grand Archives. I just listened to Controlling Crowds and liked it enough to keep listening. :up:

Alright, well it looks like it's just you and me and this well kept secret of a band. :shh:

Aren't they good? Their song 'Pictures' gets me every time. :drool:

I have no idea who they are or what they sound like, but they are on Spotify, so I'll check them out. :)

Alright, well it looks like it's just you and me and this well kept secret of a band. :shh:

Aren't they good? Their song 'Pictures' gets me every time. :drool:

I like that one quite a bit. I've listened to 4-5 songs now and I really like the music a lot but not the singer's voice so much.

I'd say to keep exploring. Different songs have different vocalists and vocal styles (including some rap, if I remember correctly). My understanding is Archive has turned into a "music collective," so things get changed up often.

Cori, let us know what you think! The Controlling Crowds albums seem like a good place to start.

Listening to Controlling Crowds (pt IV). I liked the first song, and then the rapping in the second song threw me (but it got better), but now a few more songs in, I don't think this is up my alley.

Alas!

Alack and alas!

Ah, well. You tried. :hug:

My largest playlist on Spotify has 135 rap songs on it, so I'm cool with their rapping songs.

Back
Top Bottom