Arcade Fire live release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh boy, it's filmed by Vincent Moon.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Take Away Shows. But if this turns out like A Skin, A Night, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Oh boy, it's filmed by Vincent Moon.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Take Away Shows. But if this turns out like A Skin, A Night, I'm going to be very disappointed.

YES

The DVD he did for The National was honestly about the worst music related film I have ever seen. TERRIBLE.

I've yet to watch the DVD he did that came with Mogwai's new album, so I can't comment on that, but his Take Away Shows, and the Beirut videos he did for Flying Club Cup were great.

Hopefully they're smart and release it as a CD/DVD combo.

YES

The DVD he did for The National was honestly about the worst music related film I have ever seen. TERRIBLE.

I've yet to watch the DVD he did that came with Mogwai's new album, so I can't comment on that, but his Take Away Shows, and the Beirut videos he did for Flying Club Cup were great.

Hopefully they're smart and release it as a CD/DVD combo.

I hear tell the Mogwai dvd is meant to be quite good...so here's hoping.

ARCADE FIRE RELEASE FILM MIROIR NOIR

Available Digitally Monday December 15th at Arcade Fire - Miroir Noir - Neon Bible Archives
DVD Formats Available for 2009 Delivery

Arcade Fire will release the documentary film Miroir Noir online this Monday, December 15th.

The film follows Arcade Fire through the making and touring of their 2007 album Neon Bible, documenting the band at their Montreal studio, the making of promotional films and videos, along with live footage and a few short films made on the road.

Miroir Noir is directed by Arcade Fire friend and collaborator Vincent Morisset. Vincent was responsible for the interactive video for the song "Neon Bible" and for the Arcade Fire web design. The film was shot by Vincent Moon.

The digital download and standard edition DVD feature the 70 minute film Miroir Noir. The deluxe edition DVD contains bonus material including Arcade Fire's live performances on Jonathon Ross, Saturday Night Live and at Maida Vale.

The 70 minute film will be available globally at Arcade Fire - Miroir Noir - Neon Bible Archives on December 15th as a one-off download in two sizes to suit preferred players. The physical standard and deluxe DVDs are planned for 2009 delivery (with digital versions delivered instantly).

Great, it sounds pretty much identical to The National's 'A Skin, A Night'. That is NOT good news.

:|

Great, it sounds pretty much identical to The National's 'A Skin, A Night'. That is NOT good news.

:|

What? You didn't like faux-artistic grain, ridiculously quiet voices, and only one live performance, most of which the camera spent puttering around behind the stage?

but its it available??? i cant even get to the download page and neither can anyone else by the looks of Us Kids Know! They are having real problems...

I want it now!! :angry:

ok i am now downloading...5% gone

i am sooooooooo excited!

who has seen it? are the worries over vincent moon materialising?

Wow! That was excellent. Very arty but I thought the balance between art, music and behind the scenes stuff was very well balanced.

On the other hand, there was no where near enough of Sarah! :(

Wow! That was excellent. Very arty but I thought the balance between art, music and behind the scenes stuff was very well balanced.

On the other hand, there was no where near enough of Sarah! :(

Yeah the balance was very well done and I loved the live stuff but it was awesome to see the random stuff with the band and the phone calls were so awesome

I got the email about the download being available, but haven't been able to check into it more at the site.

Is it a free download? And am I understanding correctly that a physical release will come later?

You have to pay for the download

You can get a small ($5.99), medium ($9.99) or large file ($13.99)

or a DVD plus the medium file immediately ($15.99)
or the Deluxe with the large file immediately ($29.99)

Interesting! Thanks for the info. Is the DVD and Deluxe info you mentioned a physical release? Or DVD files to be burned onto your own blank DVD?

Not sure if the first part of your post is re: download, and the second part is for ordering a physical copy. :)

Interesting! Thanks for the info. Is the DVD and Deluxe info you mentioned a physical release? Or DVD files to be burned onto your own blank DVD?

Not sure if the first part of your post is re: download, and the second part is for ordering a physical copy. :)

yeah the dvd is physical, you get the download free then and there and get your dvd shipped whenever they're printed

Back
Top Bottom