Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They were on SNL last night

One of the better songs on the album but this was kind of an odd performance:

They're working off the theme of the Money + Love video they just released:

When the show aired last night, they were already on the second verse when the show came back from commercial. Now *that* was odd...

I find their theatrics to be rather forced at this point, and it doesn't help that they always come off like Drama Club dorks. They already were with Reflecktor I guess, but at least that album had better tracks.

Ok, so I’m late to the party but I saw Arcade Fire Sunday night for the first/sortasecond time (first time opening for U2 doesnt count as i only saw part of it) - and I’m still reeling. It was absolutely out of this world mind blowingly phenomenal. One of the best live experiences I’ve ever been to. I was literally high all night just on their performance. I danced my ass off. And had a grand total of 1 beer the entire night. I couldn’t even pull myself out of the GA pit to go get another.

I’ve listened to them off and on for many years of course but it occurred to me that they really take off live. So Id like to acquire some live recordings. Is anyone aware of any sites like U2torrents or the like where recordings of AF are shared?

Thanks in advance!

Ok, so I’m late to the party but I saw Arcade Fire Sunday night for the first/sortasecond time (first time opening for U2 doesnt count as i only saw part of it) - and I’m still reeling. It was absolutely out of this world mind blowingly phenomenal. One of the best live experiences I’ve ever been to. I was literally high all night just on their performance. I danced my ass off. And had a grand total of 1 beer the entire night. I couldn’t even pull myself out of the GA pit to go get another.

I’ve listened to them off and on for many years of course but it occurred to me that they really take off live. So Id like to acquire some live recordings. Is anyone aware of any sites like U2torrents or the like where recordings of AF are shared?

Thanks in advance!

Glad you had fun! They're always a good show.

There are some decent soundboard shows from the Reflektor tou, including an outdoor show they did in LA in 2013, and a whole show in Minneapolis that was streamed on the radio in 2014. Dimeadozen should have the LA one on it.

Haven't had as much luck finding shows for this tour, outside of a few video rips from festival dates. Try the livebootlegconcert.blogspot.com site for something along those lines.

It looks like even the band themselves have realised how fucking shit Everything Now was, looking at their recent setlists. Only playing the good songs from the record now. Going to take a hell of a course-correction for them on the next album. I've no doubt they're still great live (better now that they've cut out most of the shithouse new songs) but I can't think of many albums by bands I like that I hate as much as I do Everything Now. What a piece of shit.

And I say that as someone who still categorically believes Reflektor is their best album. So I came into it with high hopes.

Glad you had fun! They're always a good show.

There are some decent soundboard shows from the Reflektor tou, including an outdoor show they did in LA in 2013, and a whole show in Minneapolis that was streamed on the radio in 2014. Dimeadozen should have the LA one on it.

Haven't had as much luck finding shows for this tour, outside of a few video rips from festival dates. Try the livebootlegconcert.blogspot.com site for something along those lines.

Thanks! I will try and track those down as well. Interesting that they aren't more bootlegged. I think they are phenomenal live.

It looks like even the band themselves have realised how fucking shit Everything Now was, looking at their recent setlists. Only playing the good songs from the record now. Going to take a hell of a course-correction for them on the next album. I've no doubt they're still great live (better now that they've cut out most of the shithouse new songs) but I can't think of many albums by bands I like that I hate as much as I do Everything Now. What a piece of shit.

And I say that as someone who still categorically believes Reflektor is their best album. So I came into it with high hopes.

I'm not sure this is accurate. They're still playing 5-6 songs from the new album each show (7 if you count snippets). I think that's a fairly good representation for the tour given the depth of their catalogue (at this point in a tour, anyways- being a "continuation" if you will).

Comparing the setlist from when they first embarked on the tour till now...I think only Infinite Content has been truly dropped? All the others are still being played, if not nightly, every other night or so.

I'm with cobbler on Everything Now (not on his crazy rankings of Arcade Fire albums, though). The band's trajectory has been pointing downward, and it would truly surprise me if they were to put out something good next.

Their life show is otherworldly , but even that suffered this tour (at least when I saw them). The whole production was really off putting to me, as is the band's self-importance these days.

Maybe it’s just me, but there are maybe five songs that I really liked from the last album, so even though it’s definitely their worst effort, I wouldn’t call it a piece of shit.

See even the songs I quite like - Put Your Money On Me, We Don’t Deserve Love, Electric Blue, Everything Now - they wouldn’t touch my top 10 AF songs.

I was at the Greek Theater show the other night for my first AF show. I guess a picked a pretty good one to start off with, considering they performed Funeral complete for the first time. I taped, but (as I have heard) the crowd was pretty disrespectful. People on both sides of me were chatting it up, on one side a MAJOR fan, but blabbed and talked through a lot of it (on my side), and on wife's side, casual fans, that also chatted up during the show. I posted it on dime, after having to remove 300-400 whoos, and talking through spectral repair...Ugh.

Amazing how some people can't / won't appreciate what's right in front of them.

I like the music in Lightning II, but I fear that Win is on a Bonoesque descent in terms of his writing.

I heard the thunder on the blue sky perfect day
I wonder why, am I the only one?
I heard the thunder and I feel I'm going under
Jesus Christ was an only son

When I saw this on Pitchfork yesterday I literally thought it was Win Butler and was confused as to how he could leave the band he founded and is frontman of, while still married to Regine.

Only realized it was his brother when I saw it linked here.

The band will survive, obviously. This isn't as big as Rostam leaving Vampire Weekend, and they still managed to put out another (and great) album after his departure.

Back
Top Bottom