Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, I never thought I'd see the day when Arcade Fire rips off of "Gold Digger".

Ha, I had the same thought when I first heard it. Although AHEM, aren't they actually ripping off Ray Charles' "I Got a Woman"? ;)

Heard it a few more times this weekend on SiriusXM. I neither love it nor hate it, but do hope it's not indicative of the album as a whole. Hopefully just a one-off "BOO TRUMP" ditty.

Pre-new album Arcade Fire rushmore:
No Cars Go
Afterlife
Keep The Car Running
Tunnels

Honorable Mentions: Sprawl II, We Used To Wait, Reflektor, Power Out, Rebellion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The initial bassline for Give You Power sounds like Nick Cave's Night of the Lotus Eaters.

Tunnels
Power Out
Haiti
It's Never Over

So yeah, it's pretty clear when they peaked.

Tunnels
Power Out
Wake Up
Rebellion

Not saying they should have quit while they were ahead, but those are their four best songs.

There's a grand total of two good songs on The Suburbs. The title track and Ready to Start. I find Sprawl II to be an interminable dirge.

Reflektor is where they're at.

Ready to Start is about as generic as it gets, same with Month of May. Terrible single choices.

For me it's all about Sprawl II and Empty Room. Go Regine.

Ready to Start is about as generic as it gets, same with Month of May. Terrible single choices.

For me it's all about Sprawl II and Empty Room. Go Regine.

:up:
I've never gotten the hype around Ready to Start. Month of May is a dumb rocker, but it's a fun summer driving song.
Regine needs more songs on lead vocals. In The Backseat, Sprawl II, Haiti are all fantastic. Only one that I don't care for is "Black Wave".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How, in 2017, is there not a download link/torrent to the Earls Court DVD anywhere on the internet? :crack:

Hello? I don't post on here much anymore. Has social media/Reddit killed Interference? In the past, someone would have helped on this one in no time!

lol. I'm assuming you either didn't watch it, or didn't understand it. It isn't homophobic at all.

It's not funny, that's for sure. And extremely childish of you to stoop to posting that when I didn't send you an illegal link to a concert that you can buy in the space of 10 seconds.

No I said you reminded me of the character in the video. Forget it. Go off and add to your 53,000+ posts. lol

I will, while also working a fulfilling full-time job, having a great social life and with a wonderful girlfriend, since you're implying I'm a loser who sits in my parents basement all day :wave:

Interference has the goods! It always does. :rockon:

And to get things back on track: The concert dvd is amazing and I'm so glad they added that youtube gig of Afterlife. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Back
Top Bottom