Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first show of the tour this Tuesday! Am in GA so will get there early but not ridiculously so (4PM-ish) since 1) it's still cold and 2) it's not U2 with their crazy fans. ;) Am wondering what cover tune they are going to come up with since it's, well, Connecticut.

I showed up at 730 and was 10 feet from the stage. You will see why you don't need to queue at this event....dance party with Dan Deacon gets people in GA moving around.

I showed up an hour before the doors just wanting to get a decent spot and ending up getting rail. Arcade Fire fans maybe aren't as devoted psychotic as u2 or Radiohead fans. Dan Deacon's set seemed like a lot of fun, kinda wanted to get my dance on but didn't want to give up my spot.

I showed up an hour before the doors just wanting to get a decent spot and ending up getting rail. Arcade Fire fans maybe aren't as devoted psychotic as u2 or Radiohead fans. Dan Deacon's set seemed like a lot of fun, kinda wanted to get my dance on but didn't want to give up my spot.

Radiohead fans aren't even as psychotic as U2 fans, I have shown up as late as 5PM and gotten nice rail spots for RH.

I tweeted a picture of Broken Social Scene with the caption "Can't wait for Arcade Fire tonight in Philly!" and the venue's Twitter fucking re-tweeted it.

88D3C253-FAA7-4455-B13D-F2714F8747A1_zpsw8zmcmmj.jpg

Is it like a Gaga thing where they're going to have fans vomit on them? Because I think that's what's going to happen.

Also, people took that costume shit seriously (I ended up not wearing a suit because it was too cold). There were people in masks and shit everywhere, especially people in GA.

Awesome. I wish I had gotten GA tickets because my section was almost entirely empty, and I am really hungover today, but they're really terrific. I was slightly concerned that all the theatrical shit was going to be overdone and would take away from the show, but it didn't at all. The songs sounded great, and the crowd was into everything.

I did have a bit of a Magnificent/Fly situation because they dropped Intervention for Rococo, but that didn't bother me all that much because it's not like Intervention is on my Arcade Fire Mt. Rushmore.

Tunnels is such a great fucking song.

I'm actually all for Rococo staying in the set. Musically it's still one of the band's more dynamic songs and the stupidity of the lyrics is dulled (or amplified?) as an arena sing-a-long. Whatever, I say it works.

I was at the Philly show, GA at the soundboard and it was fucking AWESOME! During Dan Deacon's set, where he had the GA floor do a dance off between the 2 sides. Towards the end a tall guy came in with a wolf mask and started dancin... guess who? WIN! haha..:hyper: I didn't notice right off the bat but hubby elbowed me. Wish I had a pic but I didn't I was too dumbfounded at the time.

I dressed up a bit with a Green mask, boa, beads. It was fun, and out of my comfort zone. I had a blast!:love:

Great show in Bridgeport last night! Band is as energetic as always. I also liked the interplay Win and Regine had between back and front on Orpheus and Supersymmetry, although I couldn't see the back at all except on the screen. The setlist has really good pacing, there was never a part that dragged. Power Out/Rebellion is always great to hear although I thought its frenzy was diminished a little bit coming so early in the show. They covered Prince's Controversy last night, sounded really good. Neon Bible seems to not have a big role this tour, the only song from it that they did was No Cars Go.

I managed to nab a fantastic spot on the rail, just two over from the stage platform extension that Win often steps out on. I was standing right in front of Tim and sometimes Regine. I also felt like I made a lot of eye contact with Win! I think that was the best spot I have ever had for an arena show. And so easy and mellow too, got there a little after 4:15pm where I was 17th in line - that would never happen with the Irish dudes. With an orderly line split about 45 mins. before doors opened I ended up fifth on my line. Arena staff also checked bags and credit cards and did wristbands before doors opened too so when they did open was straight to the stage. I did miss out on the second stage stuff and only was able to hear and not see the openers but that was a fair trade-off - have a seat for one of the Brooklyn shows so I will see all that then. I did not dress up because it was too cold and I felt OK with that - about half the people I saw in line were not dressed up, and about 3/4ths who did the dress up thing looked like they were coming from the office, probably not the effect AF were looking for, lol.

BTW, central Bridgeport IS pretty much a hole, but the Holiday Inn there a short walk from the arena was surprisingly pleasant, glad I booked a room last minute there rather than go all the way home right after the show.

^Glad u had a awesome time. I too noticed the men who dressed up that thought formal attire meant suits as in business suits.. I shook my head (was at Monday's nite's show) and said umm.. that's not what they meant by formal attire.. haha..

I thought that Normal Person was kinda meh live to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom