Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got to see it for myself in 2010. One of the best live transitions ever, right up there with some of U2's best transitions, like Running to Stand Still into Streets.

The Antwerp line was a cute. I arrived late for my terms.. At 5 PM. There where 11 people. Everyone was super relaxed and happy.
Easily snatched a front row spot and went fancy Dress for the hell of it.

Apart from rococo, which made everyone go and have a piss, get some drinks, take a piss again, doze off...the set list was pretty much right for the occasion.
Sound was great at FoS.

I never saw ZOOTV, because I wasn't born yet. But I kind of feel like this is my generations answer to it. The Paper Mache masks,Win Butlers snarky comments, photoboots, masquerade's.... :up: Truly awesome and inspiring band.

It kind of became my favorite track on an album which only sours more and more with time.

It's grown on me, actually. It could be great as a single disc, but there are a few pieces of total dead weight on there. Bloody Joan of Arc especially. Talk about a momentum killer.

"Awful Sound" through to "Supersymmetry" is as good a stretch as they ever put together. Everything else I don't have much desire to ever hear again.

Damn. Since Coachella it's easily the album I've listened to the most. There's definitely some ordinary tracks but I really love it. Disc two is stellar.

so yeah, they played Streets, with someone in a Bono bobblehead!:lol:

Marlay Park, Dublin, Ireland. June 29, 2014. Deadly gig by all accounts. Photo of the setlist in the comments. Setlist:
"Wake Up" intro / "Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2 with Bono bobblehead on stage
01 Normal Person
02 Rebellion (Lies)
03 Joan of Arc
04 Rococo
05 Month of May
06 The Suburbs
07 The Suburbs (Continued)
08 Ready to Start
09 Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
10 Crown of Love*
11 Intervention**
12 We Exist
13 No Cars Go
14 Haiti
15 Reflektor
16 It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus)
17 Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
"Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinéad O’Connor playing over the PA as the Pope bobblehead ripped a photo of Miley Cyrus
18 Afterlife***
19 Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
20 Here Comes the Night Time
21 Wake Up

* with "Where Is My Mind?" by Pixies as intro.
** with "(Antichrist Television Blues)" as outro.
*** with "Temptation" by New Order snippet]

"Awful Sound" through to "Supersymmetry" is as good a stretch as they ever put together. Everything else I don't have much desire to ever hear again.

This is basically exactly how I feel about the album, outside of one or two tracks I like on the first half, and one track I don't like on the second.

so yeah, they played Streets, with someone in a Bono bobblehead!:lol:

Marlay Park, Dublin, Ireland. June 29, 2014. Deadly gig by all accounts. Photo of the setlist in the comments. Setlist:
"Wake Up" intro / "Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2 with Bono bobblehead on stage
01 Normal Person
02 Rebellion (Lies)
03 Joan of Arc
04 Rococo
05 Month of May
06 The Suburbs
07 The Suburbs (Continued)
08 Ready to Start
09 Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
10 Crown of Love*
11 Intervention**
12 We Exist
13 No Cars Go
14 Haiti
15 Reflektor
16 It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus)
17 Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
"Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinéad O’Connor playing over the PA as the Pope bobblehead ripped a photo of Miley Cyrus
18 Afterlife***
19 Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
20 Here Comes the Night Time
21 Wake Up

* with "Where Is My Mind?" by Pixies as intro.
** with "(Antichrist Television Blues)" as outro.
*** with "Temptation" by New Order snippet]

That's a funny bit of meta parody with Fake Bono coming out to Wake Up.

Normal Person is a terrible opener, and also having Joan Of Arc and Roccoco in the first four songs is a huge failure. And Rebellion shouldn't be so early.

Every time I see a setlist without Awful Sound I lose more respect for these guys.

I meant to ask, did the Bono bobblehead resemble the Fly one from back in the day? That would have been a nice throwback.

Hold the phone... Arcade Fire doesn't revolve their set lists frequently? Does this make them bad people like U2? :cute:

I've been listening to a lot of Arcade Fire recently, and think I've finally settled on a Rushmore (sorry to resurrect this topic again):

Rebellion: the key change in the choruses makes the song; it moves effortlessly from buoyant to menacing in a way they have tried but not succeeded in replicating since.
Keep the Car Running: try having this come on randomly during the end of a run; if it doesn't give you a second wind, you might not have a pulse.
We Used to Wait: home to one of the truest lyrics out there - "we used to wait for times that never came."
It's Never Over: arguably their best guitar riff and a perfect balance of Win and Regine.

I'm seeing them on Friday! I'm driving 2 1/2 hours to see them in what is basically the desert part of Washington, so I'm going as late as possible to avoid being in 100 degree heat any longer than necessary.

Needless to say, I'm not concerned about getting a crappy pit spot.

One for the purists: Axel F and Normal Person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIlsaOaaYRY

That was hilarious. It was preceded by the bobbleheads playing Killing in the Name Of. Word is a mini mosh pit formed immediately.

Fantastic show. Loved hearing Rococo, Crown of Love and Intervention. Also, I do believe Regine is a real life fairy. She's just a joy to watch.

Back
Top Bottom