Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of which, Dan, you're free!

Cobbler, what the fuck is up with the Bowie survivor?

Just caught my first show of theirs last night. Pretty impressed, overall. A lot of the newer material came off better than I expected, particularly Here Comes the Night Time and We Exist. The duet between Regine and Win during It's Never Over (Hey Orpheus) from across the arena also played out well. Got treated to a cover of Prince's Controversy too, which was pretty cool!

I was lucky enough to be dead-center in the front, so I had a pretty decent view for most of the show. Two guys next to me were pulled up at the very end of It's Never Over, probably because they were wearing masks at the time! Win also came by a bunch and I even got to bang on his guitar strings a bit when he lowered to the crowd during Neighborhood #3. Crazy stuff, haha.

trevgreg - do you remember what time they took the stage?

They went on somewhere between 8:45 and 9:00, which I remember thinking was pretty early (probably closer to 8:45). The doors opened around 6:45 and the two DJ sets started around 7:30 or so.

Awesome, thanks very much! That helps me a lot as I think I can make it for 8:45. No interest in the opening acts anyway so not much of a loss there.

BioW47jIgAE9uyQ.jpg

Toronto was off tha chain last nite. Special guest appearance by Mayor Ford. The regional cover was a Constantines song I had never heard. Was kind of hoping for 'Worst Behavior.' Muthafuckas neva loved Arcade Fire.

GA was sold out by the time I got to buying Arcade Fire tickets so I ended up in a club box and don't have to worry about standing in line in the below-freezing weather. Really the only good thing about it other than being able to buy beer much easier.

Back
Top Bottom