Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:21 PM
It was spazzy but somehow endearing. I watched the performance a few times and really liked it. Afterlife's lyrics are not......great....but I still love the song.

I gave the album another listen on the plane last night and my feelings on it still stand.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #47
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:21 PM
"Spazzy, yet endearing" should go on her epitaph.

The lyrics argument is a tough one to dodge. To me, it's less about the actual content than how it functions as a part of the more jaunty melodies. "Afterlife"'s chorus is one of the album's high points, alongside the end of "Normal Person," false start of "Here Comes the Night Time," and Régine the Wolverine's shining moments on "It's Never Over."

Old 11-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:21 PM
I guess it won't be until next album that we get lyrics about the wolverine child.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Right so I'm a big dumb idiot and didn't check the dates well enough. I thought the Austin date was the Thursday before Weekend Two of Coachella. Turns out it's Weekend One, so I'm going to be there and unable to attend the show here.

This is where the asinine paperless tickets policy comes in. I get wanting to cut down on scalping, but the tickets are not eligible to be refunded in the event I can't attend and you're not even allowed to transfer them to someone else's name. There's no recourse whatsoever for those two tickets if I can't make it. I want that money to put toward the trip.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:21 PM
I'd take that directly to Win. Seems to be an understanding guy.

Sorry, Imp. I've been in that situation myself though I don't recall how or if I was able to resolve it.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well it just seems to me that if you're going to go the extreme of this paperless tickets thing, there needs to be some sort of thing in place for when shit gets in the way. I couldn't even give them away to a friend if I wanted to, which is ridiculous. I'd really like that $150 back to subsidize a flight or whatever. Not trying to make a score here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
I'd take that directly to Win. Seems to be an understanding guy.
More like fart project.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:21 PM
just announced 3 more dates.

Quote:
3 new tour dates! Due to overwhelming demand a 3rd date in Brooklyn at Barclays Center has been added on Aug 24th. Arcade Fire also adding a date in Toronto but at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre - Aug 29th. And finally, the band now also will be coming to Bangor, ME for a gig at Darling's Waterfront Pavilion on Aug 20th. Tickets on general sale Dec 13th for all three through Ticketmaster.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Bangor, Maine? A lady I was interested in during college lives there now. I am going to tell her to go to this show.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Well it just seems to me that if you're going to go the extreme of this paperless tickets thing, there needs to be some sort of thing in place for when shit gets in the way. I couldn't even give them away to a friend if I wanted to, which is ridiculous. I'd really like that $150 back to subsidize a flight or whatever. Not trying to make a score here.
This sounds like exactly how Penn State does their football tickets for students. Penn State, however, set up an online exchange system where you can put your ticket up for no more than face value. You could simply transfer the ticket electronically from one person's card to another person's. That seems like what they should be doing in this situation.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #55
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:21 PM
Did you Bangor, Dan?

LOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOLZOOOOMGLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOOLLOLSWOOOOOOOOLOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHA
Old 12-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

No.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor

More like fart project.
Are you sure you can't transfer them? I've had paperless tickets transferred to me through ticketmaster's website recently
Old 12-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Sorry, Ticket Transfer is currently unavailable.
The artist, team, or venue may not offer it for this event or it could be temporarily delayed.
Please try again later or contact Fan Support for more info
I sent an email to try and get it sorted. I also noticed in my receipt and on the event's page there is nothing that sales all sales final/no refunds, so I'm going to raise hell on that front.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Lame
Old 12-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOuttaControl View Post
When the new album came out I was fairly disappointed....but I have to say that numerous tracks have really grown on me. I absolutely love Normal Person and Reflekor and others are growing on me more and more. (Love that base line in Joan of Arc)

My biggest problem with the album is the length. I like listening to an album as an album, from beginning to end. Reflektor just feels...exhausting to listen to as a whole. 85 minutes is too damn long and its just simply not good enough to hold my attention that long. I could see if all the songs were just THAT amazing to leave off, but there are multiple songs I would put at the very bottom of the bands songs.
It might have to do with my drive to work, but it's much easier for me when I split it up. I have about a 45 minute commute, so I can usually get in disk 1 on the way there and disk 2 on the way back.

Tags
arcade fire