Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That post justifies xenophobia toward any part of the British Empire and its colonial possessions.

Why are you people still interacting with OasisTroll?

Because i'm a born entertainer

hqdefault.jpg

When the new album came out I was fairly disappointed....but I have to say that numerous tracks have really grown on me. I absolutely love Normal Person and Reflekor and others are growing on me more and more. (Love that base line in Joan of Arc)

My biggest problem with the album is the length. I like listening to an album as an album, from beginning to end. Reflektor just feels...exhausting to listen to as a whole. 85 minutes is too damn long and its just simply not good enough to hold my attention that long. I could see if all the songs were just THAT amazing to leave off, but there are multiple songs I would put at the very bottom of the bands songs.

Rewatched the delightfully spazzy Greta Gerwig dance performance of "Afterlife" and after waffling between this and "It's Never Over" as the album's finest track, I think I've settled with "Afterlife."

It was spazzy but somehow endearing. I watched the performance a few times and really liked it. Afterlife's lyrics are not......great....but I still love the song.

I gave the album another listen on the plane last night and my feelings on it still stand.

"Spazzy, yet endearing" should go on her epitaph.

The lyrics argument is a tough one to dodge. To me, it's less about the actual content than how it functions as a part of the more jaunty melodies. "Afterlife"'s chorus is one of the album's high points, alongside the end of "Normal Person," false start of "Here Comes the Night Time," and Régine the Wolverine's shining moments on "It's Never Over."

Right so I'm a big dumb idiot and didn't check the dates well enough. I thought the Austin date was the Thursday before Weekend Two of Coachella. Turns out it's Weekend One, so I'm going to be there and unable to attend the show here.

This is where the asinine paperless tickets policy comes in. I get wanting to cut down on scalping, but the tickets are not eligible to be refunded in the event I can't attend and you're not even allowed to transfer them to someone else's name. There's no recourse whatsoever for those two tickets if I can't make it. I want that money to put toward the trip.

I'd take that directly to Win. Seems to be an understanding guy.

Sorry, Imp. I've been in that situation myself though I don't recall how or if I was able to resolve it.

Well it just seems to me that if you're going to go the extreme of this paperless tickets thing, there needs to be some sort of thing in place for when shit gets in the way. I couldn't even give them away to a friend if I wanted to, which is ridiculous. I'd really like that $150 back to subsidize a flight or whatever. Not trying to make a score here.

I'd take that directly to Win. Seems to be an understanding guy.

More like fart project.

just announced 3 more dates.

3 new tour dates! Due to overwhelming demand a 3rd date in Brooklyn at Barclays Center has been added on Aug 24th. Arcade Fire also adding a date in Toronto but at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre - Aug 29th. And finally, the band now also will be coming to Bangor, ME for a gig at Darling's Waterfront Pavilion on Aug 20th. Tickets on general sale Dec 13th for all three through Ticketmaster.

Well it just seems to me that if you're going to go the extreme of this paperless tickets thing, there needs to be some sort of thing in place for when shit gets in the way. I couldn't even give them away to a friend if I wanted to, which is ridiculous. I'd really like that $150 back to subsidize a flight or whatever. Not trying to make a score here.
This sounds like exactly how Penn State does their football tickets for students. Penn State, however, set up an online exchange system where you can put your ticket up for no more than face value. You could simply transfer the ticket electronically from one person's card to another person's. That seems like what they should be doing in this situation.

Did you Bangor, Dan?

LOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOLZOOOOMGLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOOLLOLSWOOOOOOOOLOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHA

Imperor said:

More like fart project.

Are you sure you can't transfer them? I've had paperless tickets transferred to me through ticketmaster's website recently

Sorry, Ticket Transfer is currently unavailable.
The artist, team, or venue may not offer it for this event or it could be temporarily delayed.
Please try again later or contact Fan Support for more info

I sent an email to try and get it sorted. I also noticed in my receipt and on the event's page there is nothing that sales all sales final/no refunds, so I'm going to raise hell on that front.

When the new album came out I was fairly disappointed....but I have to say that numerous tracks have really grown on me. I absolutely love Normal Person and Reflekor and others are growing on me more and more. (Love that base line in Joan of Arc)

My biggest problem with the album is the length. I like listening to an album as an album, from beginning to end. Reflektor just feels...exhausting to listen to as a whole. 85 minutes is too damn long and its just simply not good enough to hold my attention that long. I could see if all the songs were just THAT amazing to leave off, but there are multiple songs I would put at the very bottom of the bands songs.

It might have to do with my drive to work, but it's much easier for me when I split it up. I have about a 45 minute commute, so I can usually get in disk 1 on the way there and disk 2 on the way back. :up:

Back
Top Bottom