Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, can't wait to use it to download that Infinite_Content.

I was semi-expecting a hashtag in a song title.

At least they're still pronouncable. Not quite aphex twin territory yet.

From a review in the Montreal Gazette:

"Lanois pops up on two songs on Everything Now, which fall at slots 11 and 12 in the track listing. You might miss him on the hypnotic, synth-heavy Put Your Money On Me, but you can’t miss his trademark pedal steel guitar on bittersweet lament We Don’t Deserve Love"

I'm 3/4 on this release so far. Signs isn't really a dud though. One more to really like and it'll already be on par with Reflector for me.

I can't say I have loved any of these tracks so far, yet they are stuck in my head for a long time after I hear them.

It's weird, I've been so hyped about every one of their albums before they were released, but I'm really not feeling this one at all. The entire marketing surrounding the album is falling flat with me.

I've got hope for this one. Creature Comfort and Electric Blue are both quirky in ways that give life to the electro-dance stuff where it might otherwise have been overly-kitschy. I don't know how I'll feel about a whole album of it, but I'm cautiously optimistic right now.

Yeah it's good to hear her back in the front of things. Coincidentally I was driving through nowheresville Indiana late last night and Sprawl II came on, reminding me just how awesome this band can be when they're on.

I adore most Regine tracks but that really high falsetto she is going for on Electric Blue really doesn't do it for me.

I've liked the other tracks they've released and maybe this will grow on me.

I think I've only listened to one song. Will just wait for the album before passing any judgement. I love Reflektor, think it's their best album, but I've never loved the band the way others have, so new music from them doesn't get me all that excited.

OK, so none of the songs released so far have really grabbed me quite like Electric Blue. I listened to it a ton today, whereas I only really listened to the album's title track maybe twice. The band isn't reinventing the wheel with this one, but it's a whole lot of fun and it has a sort of Sprawl II/ Here Comes The Night Time vibe that makes it an enjoyable listen.

I don't really care for this direction they've gone in with Reflektor and now, it seems, this new album. They almost sound like a completely different band than the one that made Funeral and Neon Bible, and even The Suburbs.

Who was it who made a remark on this forum a few years ago about the best-to-worst ranking of Arcade Fire albums being the same as their order of release? I personally have a feeling this trend is not going to be broken.

Yeah I knew it wasn't you, as you're on record as preferring their later material. Which is cool and all, but for me they've never come close to exceeding their nearly thirteen years gone debut. With Neon Bible a close second (I think I like it a great deal more than most).

For me, I'd put The Suburbs behind Funeral, followed by Reflektor and Neon Bible in last.

As for the new songs, I think the title track and Electric Blue are pretty great, Creature Comfort has good moments and Signs of Life is awful.

They're not getting worse with every album because The Suburbs is way better than the superserious, po-faced Neon Bible.

Now, I can't judge the new material because I've only heard one song (it was fine) but I don't think dance music should be their future. Just...no.

interesting, as this is how I'd describe The Suburbs. Staid album that barely raises a pulse. Neon Bible at least has the songs.

The lyrics are stiff because Win is one of those le wrong generation cornballs, but it has some of their brightest and lightest music. Good melodies too, which is why a lot of the songs caught on with a wider audience.

I think Neon Bible has some real standouts, although it's a matter of taste I suppose. Antichrist Television Blues is one of the best lyrics Win's ever written.

Back
Top Bottom