Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Local Natives should be great...they had one of last year's more under-appreciated albums, I think.

I just barely got it last week, and am already kicking myself for not checking into it last year. More than a couple people recommended it to me, and I never did more than listen to one or two songs (which I liked at the time).

Not sure why, but I soured on that Local Natives album mighty quick. Guess I'm in the vast minority.

Today is the 11th.

Saturday was awesome. Will took what appeared to be an accidental leap off the stage near us (1st row on the side close to the stage) and looked like he might've hurt himself a little but he was unstoppable. We had a blast.

Saturday was awesome. Will took what appeared to be an accidental leap off the stage near us (1st row on the side close to the stage) and looked like he might've hurt himself a little but he was unstoppable. We had a blast.

Glad to hear it! Well, glad to hear the first and last sentence, at least. :wink:

Really looking forward to tonight. My friends keep texting me about how excited they are, it's pretty funny.

It's my first time, actually. I "had" to go to Australia last minute for work a few days before they came with LCD Soundsystem a few years back. I've seen online streams of their shows and such, but first time actually seeing them live in person.
banana.gif

It's my first time, actually. I "had" to go to Australia last minute for work a few days before they came with LCD Soundsystem a few years back. I've seen online streams of their shows and such, but first time actually seeing them live in person.
banana.gif

Well, hope you have a great time, Scumbo.

banana.gif

I'll be there tonight too, u2pm. While I'm interested to see Local Natives, I woulda killed for Okkervil River or The National. Ahh well, it still should be a sweet show tonight!

banana.gif

Had I realized this, I would have sent you spoiler texts all night Saturday.

Scumby's impending adventure reminded me I've got less than a month until they mosey down here. All that's left to do is find out who the hell the Suburbs are and why everyone likes their album Arcade Fire so much.

Enjoy the show, Uncle T-Bag.

My ears still hurt. I was so psyched from the show that I couldn't fall asleep until the wee hours of the morning, so I called in "sick" from work today. To say I had fun would be an understatement. Local Natives were great, Arcade Fire were even better. The sound mix on the first few songs sucked ass, but they luckily fixed it, and the rest of the show was phenomenal. I danced and sang a lot.

Apparently Win's grandpa lived in Utah for a long time, and he used to visit a lot, which was news to me. They also apparently had a bunch of family and friends at the show, so apparently they still have some sort of connection. We also got mentions of Jimmer, which was humorous.

This was the setlist.

Month of May
Rebellion (Lies)
Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
City With No Children
Rococo
Intervention
The Suburbs
The Suburbs (Continued)
Suburban War (Win forgot lyrics and pretty much just stood there and laughed through the entire second verse)
No Cars Go
Haïti
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
We Used to Wait
Wake Up

Encore:
Ready to Start
Keep the Car Running
Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

Glad you had a great time.

Here was our setlist. Same songs, different order, looks like.*

Ready to Start
Keep the Car Running
Modern Man
Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
No Cars Go
Haiti
Empty Room
Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
Rococo
Intervention - organ into
The Suburbs
The Suburbs (continued)
Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
We Used to Wait - (post cards letters)
Wake Up

ENCORE

Month of May
Rebellion (Lies)

*correction: we got Empty Room, you got Suburban War (sort of)
** you also got City With No Children and we got Sprawl II (which hurt my ears like crazy even though I had earplugs)
***oh, never mind, you got Sprawl II, too

Not sure why, but I soured on that Local Natives album mighty quick. Guess I'm in the vast minority.

i too loved this album from the start. if i had taken part in the 2010 rankings thread, it would have made my top 10.

Back
Top Bottom