Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think they're at their best on the TV performances I've seen. SNL? Eh. I didn't think Regine sounded that great, and they seemed a bit off. Ditto the Grammys - just not as good as their usual live shows.

So, I'm really the only one here who finds The Suburbs their best album to date? Neon Bible is my personal favorite, but I think the former is their most consistent. Funeral is brilliant and an amazing debut, but I find it the weakest overall. *ducks for cover*

Nope. I stuck my head out and claimed it my favorite a few weeks after it came out, and I most definitely still feel that way. The only song I wouldn't mind not being on there is Deep Blue, and even that isn't that bad.

I don't think they're at their best on the TV performances I've seen. SNL? Eh. I didn't think Regine sounded that great, and they seemed a bit off. Ditto the Grammys - just not as good as their usual live shows.

Ready To Start sounded good - they should have done that first and then an off the cuff Month Of May to end it (and with those background vocals mixed down a bit).

Someone started a blog a few years ago called "Arcade Fire Stole My Basketball" in order to accuse Win Butler of having stolen his basketball.

Edit: That's the second time Cori has beaten me to the punch today.

For me:

1. Funeral
2. Neon Bible
3. The Suburbs

All, however, are superb albums. I'll say this: We Used to Wait and Sprawl II might be the two best songs of 2010.

Nobody has yet opined that "Sprawl II" is just the redheaded stepchild of their best tune, "Haiti," eh? Well now's the time.

I opine.

Haiti is one of their best, I'll go that far. I don't know about the absolute best. I don't have a definitive best. That's in the mix.

Imo, it would've been a huge mistake to play Sprawl II if their goal is to get mainstream acclaim. Nothing screams indie as much as high-pitched female vocals.

Dalton said:
Somewhere, Mariah Carey just snorted buttermilk out of her nose.

I see your point, but we're talking about two different things. I'm referring to indie chick vocals, and I'm pretty sure you all know what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom